chapter 10

We have been inside our room for past few minutes, doing nothing.
If my parent see me hiding inside room they will surely get mad.
I shake zara's foot getting her attention" Hey listen". "What?" she asked, disliking getting distracted, she was chatting with someone.
I raised a brow at her, she needs to learn manners again "go downstairs and check what they are talking about" i said. " why me? You go, they are your guests not mine" she grumbled.
It would be so awkward for me to just sit there.
" I can't go, that is why i am asking you to go" i told her.
"Go fast before we get scolded" i asked her to go in a convincing tone. She is just so stubborn. She got up from the bed yawning. walking with a turtle speed. I know she is doing it on purpose.
"Zara" i called her name fisting my hands.
"I know what you are going to say, but i will walk how i want" she said searching for her flip flops under the bed.
" whatever, Go before someone calls us"i said and went inside washroom.

When I came out and saw Umar in the balcony with Zara.
Okay so now that he is standing i can tell is around 5'10 , shorter than Ayaan i thought. Though i can see only his back he is hot. Ayaan was hot too. A slight frown appeared on my face as i realized what i just did.
I went to them, they looked at me, i eyed Zara asking what they were doing here.
She blinked at me assuring everything is fine.
"Appi Ammi and Abbu send umar bhai to talk with you" she said.
"Ohh.. then let's talk inside" i said looking at umar.
" sure" he said then came inside and sat on a chair inside the room.
" i heard you are still studying" he told me.
"Yes"
" i earn more than enough" he said, i looked at him, he was already looking at me.
Did he just hinted me that i don't have to continue my studies just because he earns enough for both of us.
"Ohh...are you trying to say i don't have to continue my studies?" i asked him.
He raised his eyebrows at me as if that's exactly what he was implying.
I looked away from him " i will continue my studies even after marriage". "or maybe even do a job if i want to" i said leaning back to my chair.
He was wearing a coy smile on when i looked at him.
Was he enjoying it? , he definitely knows that he is wrong here.
" what? say something" I asked him frowning at him. I was getting nervous under his gaze.
"Okay if that's what you wish." He accepted, still looking at me, he seemed like a nice guy when i first saw him in the living room. 
he didn't utter a single word.
" don't you have anything to ask?" i asked him.
He just shaked his head in a 'no'.
Okay no problem,i have questions and i will ask.

I asked few questions about him,his family and friends. Tried to know how he thinks.
He was just behaving like a jerk at starting afterwards he answered all of my questions seriously.
I think marrying him wouldn't be a bad idea.

Soon they left.

It has been hours since I am lying in my my bed, locked myself in my room and asked everyone not to disturb me.
I couldn't make a decision. It was getting hard for me to say yes to umar even though he answered as i wanted him to almost all of my questions.
I was feeling guilty. Umar seemed to be a good guy. But Ayaan wasn't getting out of my mind.
I decided to pray first and then think about it later.
I looked at the wall clock it was already isha time. I made wudu and prayed, i asked Allah (s.w.t) to help me make the right decision, Help me choose what is best for me.
After i was done, I folded the prayer mat and sat on the chair in balcony.
I kept thinking about it again and again.
Then finally made a decision that if i say yes to umar and start spending time with him i will slowly forget about Ayaan.
even if i say no to umar right now i would have to agree to someone else later. Rejecting Umar won't get me Ayaan back.
Taking a deep breath in i mumbled " It's Umar, final decision."
I went downstairs for dinner.
Ammi was in the kitchen. Dinner was already cooked.
"Come sit i was just going to call you" she said bringing food to the table.
I smiled at her, " Zara atleast help her" i called Zara who was watching T.V  staring at her.
She got up and started helping bringing dishes at the table.
Soon abbu came and we started eating dinner.
" their family seemed nice" he said getting everyone's attention.
" hmm, i also liked there family" ammi agreed with abbu.
Zara and i remained silent.
" so did you like umar?" Abbu asked.
I looked at him, i was about to choke on food. " he seemd okay to me" i said i don't talk about these things with my parents so it's hard to behave in such situations.
"I also liked him" abbu said looking at ammi "hmm me too" ammi said.
"I guess now my rishta is fix" I thought to myself.
"Should i say yes to them now" abbu asked.
" i think this would be too early, how about we go to their house and check once?" ammi said.
" no i think we don't need to, i have went there" he said. We all nodded.
" so tomorrow i will say yes to them" he declared.
We never really had any say in anything. Abbu always did what he wanted that's why now it has become a habit of us to just nod at everything he says.

~~~
I spend the night there and left  next day after lunch time.
I reached my apartment at 4 pm. I was getting ready for my part time job. I already cooked dinner for myself as i have got an assignment due day after tomorrow. So now after coming back from part time i will eat and sit to do assignment.
I locked the door and went to the cafe.

There were more customers than usual.
It was already a tiring day today. As soon as my shift was over I returned back home.
I winced as i laid down on the bed due to back pain, wearing outdoor clothes. I relaxed my body, now i was so relaxed that my eyelids started getting heavy.
I removed my hijab and abaya and threw them on the chair nearby
and drifted into a deep slumber.