Togami's (Surprisingly) Still Interested

The sleepover was...

Wow.

In the space of a week, Byakuya and your's relationship had developed way more that you'd thought.

He'd called you attractive

He hugged you

He was actually freaking nice for once.

One thing was for sure, you needed to uphold the relationship you had right now. You didn't know what you were feeling, you just knew you wanted it more...

But there was just one problem (because, come on guys, it's Byakuya Togami we're talking about; there's always gonna be problems).

You'd both moved straight back to square one.

Byakuya doesn't bat an eyelash at you in the corridors in school. In fact, you guys have been arguing more than holding freaking hands! It didn't make sense! After 20 whole chapters we're right back at the start!

(Screw Byakuya ugh)

And to top it all off, twin sisters Junko and Mukuro were now always following you around. You had to careful around Kirigiri, and Byakuya and you still had to delve deeper into your investigation on Hope's Peak. It wasn't just your relationship status that was taking a beating, that's for sure-

“(Y/N)!!”

You abruptly jumped out of your thoughts and whipped your head around. Asahina and Ogami were standing behind you with suspicious frowns. You raised an eyebrow.

”What's up you two?”

“You've been acting out of character.” Ogami wasted no time in explaining, “You've been jittery and avoiding us. We want to help out.”

“Yeah!” Asahina agreed, “I mean, we're besties! Besties look out for each other!”

You smiled at them both. Perhaps you were being pretty weird ever since your relationship crisis. Screw Byakuya and men anyways.

“I'm...I'm fine guys, really, I am. Just tired, I guess.”

“Tired? You didn't seem tired while screaming at Togami-san during history class-”

“We don't talk about that!” You protested. Your friends chuckled.

“Well,” Asahina skipped ahead of you two, “Let's go see what's in the cafeteria today!”

***

“Exactly!” Fujisaki exclaimed. A group of you guys were in an intense argument over an anime, “The whole host club adores Haruhi, and it's hard to pick a favourite! What's the point of seeing Hikaru and Kaoru as different people when the producers straight up copied and pasted?!”

“Damn...” you watched the argument go down while devouring a packet of snack bites, Asahina snapped back at Fujisaki with just as much force.

“Chihiro-chan!” She whined, “Hikaru and Kaoru are different in their own right! I still think both of them were better choices rather than Tamaki!”

“I cannot believe you!”

“I cannot believe you-”

The bell rang and cut the friends off. They turned their noses up at each other before you all started giggling.

“Our little conversation isn't over yet, Aoi-chan! We're gonna chat some more afterschool!”

“Fine with me!” She snapped playfully.

You bid goodbye to your friends as you quickly walked up to the garbage bins to drop your trash in. You then exited the cafeteria into the hallway to get to your next class.

For that moment, things seemed normal, you know - without the whole secrets of your school and without boys (*cough cough* Byakuya Togami *cough cough*)

“Maybe this whole dating thing should just stop-”

You face connected with another person and left you sprawled on the ground.

“You absolute fool! What are you- (Y/n)?!”

Your head snapped upwards and you shrunk under Byakuya's cold gaze. Speak of the devil.

“T-Togami-san...”

He yanked you off your feet, much to your surprise.

“Byakuya.”

“W-What?”

“You are to call me Byakuya. Togami-san sounds too formal.”

You narrowed your eyes at him, “Excuse me, Mr Heir, but last time I checked, you have no right to call me (Y/n), and I don't have a right to call you Byakuya!”

“What are you-”

“We've been arguing all over again ever since I slept over! What happened?! I knew this was a bad idea-”

“I found out something.”

“What?” You tilted your head to the side. He continued, “I have new info. I've been investigating some more-”

“Without me?!”

“This is dangerous, (Y/n)!” He shot back, “Who knows what this mastermind is capable of! I want to protect you, not drag you into this whole...whole mess!”

You were speechless at Byakuya's sudden distress. He gained his composure rather quickly, “Look. I haven't given up on...us. And why are you so distraught about it anyway?”

You  flinched at his  accusation. He smirked, knowing he'd gotten you thinking. Shaking your head, you sidestepped away from him,

“You pull me into this web and expect me to stay out of it. I'm hanging on until the end.”

“We're okay then? You and me?” He asked hesitantly. You paused, then nodded.

“I suppose.”

“Good.

He walked past you wordlessly afterwards. You watched him leave, curiously. He seemed on edge. What had he discovered?

((A/N: I SAID! I SAID I'D COME BACK EVENTUALLY AND I DID.

think of this as some kind of...season two to the fanfiction. A comeback, perhaps? Something like that. I know most of you have moved on, but hopefully you'll try to stick around while I scramble to find grasp at some more motivation. Until then, see you guys.))