"What do you mean?" Dave replied with a confused face.

"A purpose, do you think I have a purpose?" Naala repeated,

"I think that a lot of things wouldn't run if you weren't around. You're a beast at this Mom shit and you got the salon," Dave responded, he didn't understand the question.

"I want to go back to work," Naala said softly, "Only if you think I should," She rushed out.

"Why does it matter what I think?" Dave said holding her hand. "If that's what you wanna do baby, I'm behind you a hundred percent,"

"Really?" Naala pouted her eyes watering,

"Don't get upset," Dave said wiping her eyes,

"These are happy tears," Naala sniffed. "I want to go back but I didn't want you to think I'm abandoning the girls,"

Dave shook his head and kissed her hand, "I wouldn't think that because I know you're always a mother first. Remember I told you that you should work, you love your job,"

"I love you so much," Naala sighed flinging her arms around him.

"I love you too," Dave laughed, hugging her back. Naala crawled into his lap and put her face in his neck.

"What's up?" Dave said kissing her, he trailed down her neck and onto her chest.

"Why won't you have sex with me?" Naala moaned softly, "What's wrong with me?" She added looking at him.

"I don't want you to anything you're not cool with," Dave mumbled against her skin. Naala huffed and adjusted herself on his lap.

"I want you to have sex with me," Naala responded putting her hand on his chest.

"You gon get off that birth control like we said?" Dave questioned rubbing his hands up and her thighs.

"Don't play with me Amir," Naala said with a chuckle,

Dave and Naala joked around about having more babies but after Naala's recent abortion, she got back onto her birth control. It wasn't because her and Dave were having sex, it was because Naala wanted to be safe.

"Naala we not about to have sex right now," Dave said moving her hand from his draws.

"You're no fun," Naala tutted getting up and taking her robe off, exposing her naked body.

"You making it hard," Dave groaned putting his head in his hands.

"That's what you get for being boring," Naala laughed walking into their closet.

~~

"That dress is too damn short," Dave mumbled sipping his drink.

"Nigga she yours now, chill out," Priest laughed beside him.

The party was in full swing and Maniya was enjoying herself. She loved how chill her parents were because that meant she got to spend time with Damon too.

Naala was helping them sort out the cake and in turn, she kept having to pull her dress down.

"You stuck on daddy duties," Brianna laughed walking over. Dave looked down at a sleeping Samar and nodded.

"He's so calm with you," Brianna pointed out,

"Mar is calm in general, he don't be giving us problems," Dave said a bit too soon. Samar started to wiggle and pull at him, opening his eyes to cry loudly.