Chapter Thirteen: Caught in the Rain

Start from the beginning

"What a corny line. Use that one on your two girlfriends?"

He smirked, his hand reaching out to brush the edge of my coat. "I kind of like when you act jealous. It's hot."

I glanced down at my phone in his hand and leaned into him, spreading my hands trust. I ignored the way my body tingled the moment I felt strong muscle beneath my palms. "Oh, really?" I asked, making my voice a little throaty. "Does it get you hard?"

Lucius arched a black brow at my unexpected words.

Taking a vantage of him being caught off guard, I snatched my phone out of his pocket and jumped back with a small, victorious cackle. "Seek help."

Just as I began to turn away, I heard a click and look down at Lucius' hand underneath his jacket, realizing he was pointing his gun at me. "Get in the car, dearest," he said with the wink.

"Like you've ever shoot me in a public parking lot."

He bit down on his lip a little. "Wanna bet?"

I actually growled. "Whatever."

I stormed my way to the passenger seat and slid inside, slamming the door behind me. The leather seat of his car we're already warming, and I felt the urge to snuggle deep within the luxurious softness of the cushions. Why did everything about this man have to be alluring?

Lucius slid into the vehicle; his gloved hands wrung out the steering wheel. "Korinna," he hissed, "don't slam my door like that."

"I'll close your door whichever way I please. I can't believe you pulled a gun on me." I cross my arms of my chest, glaring out the window as I muttered, "That's my thing."

"Actually, I didn't." Lucius grabbed the back of my seat to reverse. "I just held my fingers like a gun beneath my jacket."

"You're the devil incarnate."

***

Apparently, part of my punishment was enduring his need for speed on the road, as Lucius gunned it down the highway and treated any back road like a practice track.

"Can you go the speed limit? Is that too much to ask?"

"Why, am I driving too fast?" Lucius asked innocently.

"No, it's normal for everything to be a complete blur out of the passenger window," I seethed.

"You need to let loose a little," Lucius said. "You are so rigid and afraid all of the time. Life is too short to live in so much fear."

"Thank you for your incredibly wise words of not living in fear, while I am trapped in a vehicle moving at the speed of light!"

"Which side of the bed to sleep on?" Lucius asked casually as he illegally moved around the car ahead of us into the left lane, making me shriek and moan in distress.

"I sleep on the left," Lucius continued as I try to catch my breath. "I call the left side now, it's mine."

"I don't even know what you're saying," I gasped out. "What are we going next three-hundred right now?"

"You'll be moving in with me at some point after the engagement, so it's best to figure out the small things now. Which is why I'm calling the left side of the bed."

I snapped my head decide declared him. "Like hell I'm moving in with you!"

"You expect us to be engaged and live separately? My father and his associates need to be convinced we're together and romantically involved."