11: lynchpin meeting and roasting

Irwin's POV 

Standing beside JD, we're just waiting for the team to get in here and it isn't really helping that Dane is scared of a certain mechanic prodigy" you know Ms. Marsh personally." I said, he sighed" I do, she's the one who gave the design for the octopod and the gups back when she was in high school when we proposed the contest, she won out of all the designs. She like you were in this room when I had security kick her out after she nearly beat the shit out of me, she was that pissed when it was sabotaged." He said when the elevator door opened.

"Oh my god! is this place NASA 2.0!?" Kwazi yelled, we laughed at his antics as they came around the corner" why you little bastard, I'll tear your head off!" Tweak yelled going in for the kill before Barnacles grabbed hold of her and held her back.

"Stand down! I know you have a grudge against him but this isn't the time to put hell on him! next time." Barnacles said, she groaned but hesitantly complied, he let her go" just so we're clear, this is not over in the slightest sense." She said, he shuddered" look I get it. You hate me but we have to get through this, consider us at arm's length." He said, she reluctantly nodded.

"When did you 5 meet?" I asked," at the airport, Dashi pulled us together talking to Peso, an hour ago we were strangers, now we're friends, Kwazi the newest one." Barnacles said I grinned" I have a feeling you, Kwazi, and Peso are the next big trio like in Star Trek TOS and TNG." I said, the 3 looked over and broke down laughing out loud, the taller of the 3 both clutching their stomachs like a laughing pair.

"I rest my case, you 2 are similar even if your 9 years apart age-wise, you both clutch your stomachs laughing," I said, they abruptly stopped looking at each other wide-eyed and thoroughly freaked out then looked at me scared like hell" are we brothers or something?" Barnacles asked weakly, I shook my head grinning." no, your not, if I had to guess your half of each other, Peso being the last quarter. let's put it like this, your strength and Kwazi is quickness and agility, Peso being the humane side of both of you." I explained.

The penguin shifter immediately stopped laughing looking just as scared as the other 2 were earlier and promptly started hyperventilating like he's about to pass out" ok breathe. Other people have their halves or quarters. There's no need to pass out." I said, after a little bit he evened out his breathing when Jamie and Dashi looked at each other, I smirked a little.

'there in love, I can sense it.' I thought choosing not to say it out loud when JD sighed heavily" can we move on and talk about the subject at hand?" JD asked," sure Dane, let's get the show on the road." I said.

" good, what you can see in front of you are the oceans of the world, we've only explored 15% of it, only 3% of each ocean, it's your job to explore the oceans, every crevice from the top to bottom starting in 2050, you'll be below the water full time for 10 years starting May of that year, we chose you guys for that reason, you're all familiar with dangerous situations or lived on the edge for your whole lives and brought here by Inkling," JD explained, I nodded.

Kwazi and Peso started freaking out about that aspect while the other 4 started having a little party right in front of us, I'm snickering at their antics while JD is having none of it" alright! Alright! Shut your little party down and sober up!" He said sternly, shutting down their party. The girls and Shellington hung their heads obviously crushed into the ground.

Barnacles on the other hand weren't having any of his rude attitude" hey, buddy. I could maul you right now for that remark, let us be us, or I'll have you in jail faster than you can blink smart ass." He said, JD looked on in shock, his ego has taken a hit but he's not finished destroying his over-inflated ego and promptly started roasting him in front of everyone in earshot.

10 minutes of rating later he finished and JD's ego was thoroughly destroyed and flushed down the toilet along with being big-time humiliated as everyone are dying of laughter and looking pale, the police chiefs' savage roasting had us laughing our asses off" Barnacles! You're a maniac at this!" Kwazi laughed.

"I learned from my sister." He said" holy f*** I got it on video! This is going to youtube!" One of the workers yelled" NOOO! Now my ego is permanently down the drain!" JD yelled," that's what you get for all the trouble you caused, are we done here?" Barnacles asked, JD groaned" yeah you are." He said" hey! You coming!?" Kwazi called.

" oh yeah, I've had enough of him and that's saying something since I've known this lunatic for almost 20 years," I said, JD spluttered at my revelation of what I thought of him slumping his shoulders we walked out praising the future captain of the team" hey, who wants to go back to my houseboat and hang out for a little bit and meet my sister," Kwazi said , we all agreed to take the same shortcut back to the harbor.