The Hope Journal-Chapter 4 (Sam)

Okay! Chapter 4! I'm staying on my schedule. I want to have at least 30 pages done by March 30th so I can enter The Gatekeepers Post competition. I need your support though so I will keep writing please VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, FAN, ETC. Thanks and enjoy Chapter 4 of The Hope Journal.

Chapter 4

~Sam~

     Sometimes, when I'm in a particularly bad mood Sara says that I act like any normal teenager, not just one with Aspergers. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. To be honest, I'm not really sure what it means. As soon as Sara went down stairs to listen to the message that Principal Rockland left on the machine I knew that it was going to be bad.

     When I got home from school today everything was just like normal; just how I like it. I was sitting at the round table in the kitchen, doing my homework, when the phone rang. I ran to the living room and picked it up. It was Principal Rockland.

     "Hello?"

     "Hello, Sam. Is your mother home?" I didn't really understand what he meant by this. My mother was never home. She had left Sara and I a year ago. Even if she was still here she would be at work.

     "No, she's not home. I can take a message though," I said just like Mom had taught me when I was younger.

    "Oh, no. I need to speak with her in person. I'll just call back later when she's home," he said and once again I didn't understand. He must not have known that Mom had left with her new husband, Bob. I began to protest but Principal Rockland just laughed. "It's fine Sam. I'll call back later. See you tomorrow in school," he said and then he hung up. I put the phone back on the table where it belonged and went back to my homework. An hour or two later, while I was upstairs reading a book on bugs, the phone rang again. I figured that it was Principal Rockland again, still trying to reach my mother. He left a message and when I heard a beep on the answering machine I ran downstairs to see what he had wanted.

    The message was short and to the point. At first I didn't understand what I had done wrong and I had to listen to it three times to realize that I had gotten a detention. It wasn't the fact that I had a detention that upset me. It was the fact that tomorrow I would have to stay after school and that would mess up my otherwise flawless routine. I started to shake and then I freaked out. I heard Sara's car pull into the driveway and that's when I ran up to my closet and buried myself under all my blanket's because I didn't want Sara to see me freaking out again.

Authors Note: Sorry about the short chapter but I've written two chapters tonight and I think that's enough. I hope you like them and vote and comment and share and fan ect. Thanks so much for reading and I'll add some more soon!