~𝕸𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖑 𝖂𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖉~

"Dad?" "Son

"Dad?"
"Son." The man hugged Jace, seeing his son after so long. Clary and I looked at each other, confused. "Oh Jace, I can't believe it. Son, you're hurt. How did you find me?"
"You're dead. Valentine killed you." said Jace. "Valentine's here."
"No Jace." The man cupped his face. "It's me." He sighed. "I'm Michael Wayland, I'm Jace's father. Look I know what Jace told you, but I've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me."
"And Jocelyn Fairchild?" Clary asked.
"He took her with him." He said. "You are?"
"I'm Clary, her daughter."
"And you?" He asked.
"I'm Hazel." I replied.
"Melissa Andor's daughter?" He asked as I nodded.
"Meliorn, the Seelie, told us that Jocelyn was here with him." Clary said. Jace almost fell unconscious. "Jace No!" Michael kept a good grip on him. "It's Ravener venom. He kept telling us he was alright."
"We have to find your father." He managed to say. "Not my father."
"His stele." Michael searched his jacket. "Where is it?" He took out the tarot card, the ace of cups.
I took it from him. "Back pocket." I replied and gave it to Clary. Something about this man was off. He took out the stele and traced his Iratze rune again.
"What happened?" Clary asked.
"His rune is weak."
"Ravener venom must be spreading."
"We have to get him help." Clary said. "We closed the Portal, Hazel-" I glared at her and she shot me an apologetic look.
"Valentine's got a standing Portal." He got a good grip of Jace, helping him to move. "Let's go. Hey, Jace stay with me." He said as I simply followed them. "Hey. Do you remember our first demon fight? We were way up past the Institute, way up at Kinshasa." Clary grabbed his other arm and placed it around her neck. "You were only eight, but you were so brave. Do you remember what you said?"
"I'm ready to die." Jace breathed heavily.
"And then I said, 'sometimes it's as brave to live as it is to die', do you remember?"
"I do." He said. "It's true, it's you." Michael placed his forehead on his as they had a moment.
"Let's go." Michael said and we moved.
***
"We need help!" I yelled as we entered the Jade Wolf to see Simon and Luke.
"Clary, what happened?" Simon walked to us but stopped dead on his tracks when the sunlight came through the windows.
"We thought we found Valentine, but he was already gone." She said as she placed Jace on a seat.
"Michael Wayland?" Luke asked.
"Valentine took my mother with him, but we found Jace's father." She said as Michael sat beside Jace.
"What? I thought Valentine killed Jace's father." Simon asked.
"Surprise surprise his father is alive." I said.
"He tried." Michael said. "Hello Lucien."
"This can't be." Luke sat down in front of Jace. "I thought I'd never see you again."
"I thought I'd never see anyone again."
"What happened?" Luke asked.
"Demon got him." Clary cupped Jace's face. "He can't fight the poison. His runes are too weak and he needs blood but we can't go back to the Institute. Simon there's gotta be some kind of blood in Hotel DuMort." She said. "Please, could you call Raphael and ask him?"
"Calling won't work we have to do this in person." He said. "My van is in the garage, you drive and I'll hide under a blanket to stay out of the sun, and...there's underground parking in the hotel."
"No need." I said. "Clary you stay with Jace, cause I'm pretty sure he'll need you and I'll go with Simon."
"Thanks." She said and I nodded.
"Come on, let's go." I grabbed Simon by the arm and took him to the garage.
"Okay so, here are the keys." He gave them to me and I rolled my eyes.
"I have a much better way." I smirked and opened up a Portal.
"Sweet." His voice squeaked when he saw it. "I thought Portalling was supposed to be fun." He grabbed his stomach in sickness after we jumped through.
"It is." I smiled.
"Nope, doesn't feel like it." He said.
"Okay." I chuckled. "Let's just get what we need and go."
"No."
"Why?"
"If we were transfusing goat blood, no problem. But human blood, that's against the Accords." He said.
"Right."
"I'm surprised you know that much." Raphael said from the back.
"Why do you keep doing that?" Simon jumped in surprise.
"It's kind of his thing." I replied.
Raphael rolled his eyes. "If you worked on controlling your enhanced senses, as you should, you wouldn't be surprised." He looked at me. "Hazel...good to see you again." He smirked. I placed a fake smile on and rolled my eyes.
"Anyways, we need blood." I said.
"So I've heard." He said. "Human blood. Funny how those rules for Downworlders stop being such a big deal when you need our help. No can do." He sat down on the sofa.
"Funny, the last time I checked I am a Downworlder." I said.
"Half Downworlder." I glared at him as he said that.
"Okay, listen. Come on." Simon went up to him and grabbed him by the arm and took him to the side. I smirked at the behavior. They talked about something I couldn't really hear properly but Raphael looked pissed. Then, they switched positions as he stood in front of me. I went closer to them. "Funny, hey did you ever tell the Clave what Camille did to me?" He asked. I shook my head.
"You can't." Raphael said. "I'd be implicated."
"Then help us." I smirked. "Raphael, Jace would die without it."
"I can't believe you'd do this to me." He scoffed.
"Look, whatever happened between us is long gone." I stepped closer. "It's time we move on."
"Blackmail?"
"Save it." Simon said. "You're getting off easy."
Raphael bumped his shoulder with him and went to the storage place. He was going to give the password to the door but looked back at us. Me and Simon both turned not looking at it. He then gave the password and the big painting in front of us disappeared to reveal a blood storage of all types. Both our jaw fell.
"What's his blood type?" He asked.
"Go for type O." Simon said. "Universal donor."
"Right." I sighed. Raphael picked two bags of type O blood and handed it to me.
"Thank you." I sighed. "Simon, let's go."
"Not so fast." He stopped us. "Like how you handled yourself in this negotiation." He said to Simon. "Stick around."
"I'm the ambassador of the werewolves, it's very time consuming." He replied.
"Let me take that burden off of your shoulders." He said. "As of now, you've been recalled. You're advisor to the interim chapter president."
"Okay you know what? That's enough." I grabbed Simon's arm. "He's coming with me."
"No, sweetie." He said. "My new advisor has to stay here." I glared at him.
"It's okay." Simon said. "Just go. Really."
"Thank you." I whispered to Simon and hugged him. "Both of you."
***
"Hazel!" Clary ran towards me and hugged, while Michael stood there watching us. "What happened? Where's Simon?" I handed her the blood.
"Don't worry." I smiled. "He's alright. Now go and give this to Jace."
"Thank you." Michael smiled and I nodded.
***
Clary sat on the table while I paced back and forth, hoping Jace was okay.
"The transfusion helped." Michael came out of the room. "He's much better." Clary went up to him. "He's gonna want to see you." Clary chuckled as she was about to go in. "But uh, can I uh, talk to you for a minute? Both of you?" He looked at me as I nodded.
"Of course." Clary said as he sat down on one of the table's chair. Clary and I sat down opposite to him.
"Um...I feel as if I know you." He said. "Both of you. You're so much like your mothers." Clary took that as a compliment while I didn't, I frowned at the comment.
"Fearless, loving, and you got a mind of your own."
"My mother was never like that." My tone was deeper than I expected it to be.
"Oh um, I'm sorry." He apologized and I nodded. "Clary, on the other hand, is exactly like her, a little stubborn, perhaps?"
"I couldn't agree more." I chuckled.
"I should probably work on that." She said.
"Maybe not." He said. "It served Jocelyn well. She hid you from Valentine long enough for you to grow up without him poisoning your mind." He sighed. "And I'm sorry for how Melissa treated you, it was never your fault." He looked at me.
"Don't apologize, you can't help how you're born am I right?" I chuckled.
"Uh...you were never born as a hybrid." He said.
"Wha-what are you talking about?" I said.
"Oh my god, you don't know?"
"I don't know what?" I asked before I could get anymore answers out of him, I got a call from Magnus. "Excuse me." I got up and walked to the side, letting them talk. "Magnus? You okay?"
"I'm fine, little bird. I'm worried about you! Where are you?"
"Long story short." I sighed. "We found Jace's father."
"What?"
"I know, I know, I'll explain later and I'm sorry."
"Sorry for what?"
"I haven't been a good daughter, lately." I frowned and fiddled around with the ring.
"No problem, cupcake." He sighed. "Now, I need you back at my place, it's about Izzy."
"Why, what happened?"
"I'll explain everything when you get here."
"Okay. I'm on my way." I sighed and cut the call. "Magnus needs me." I walked up to them. "Do you need anything else."
'No." Clary sighed. "Thank you."
"No problem. And tell me if Jace's okay, k?"I smiled as she nodded and looked at Michael nodding at him as he did the same. I got out to the parking lot and opened up a Portal to make myself land in Magnus's place.
"Magnus?" I called him. I ran to him and hugged him. "Oh my god, I am so sorry." I said letting go. "I should have never-"
"Bird, it's alright." He chuckled. "I'm happy as long as you're safe." He placed a hand on my cheek as I leaned into it.
"So what about Izzy?" I asked as I prepared myself a drink.
He sighed. "The Clave wants Izzy to go on a trial for high treason." I almost choked on my drink.
"What?!" I said. "What for?"
"They think Isabelle had something to do with helping Meliorn's escape." He sighed."The punishment being stripped off of her runes if found guilty."
"Shit." I ran a hand through my hair. "I swear to god, I'm gonna kill that Lydia bitch!" My eyes started to glow.
"Bird! Calm down." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "It's alright. Everything will be fine. She wants me to be the advocate."
"You said 'yes' didn't you?"
He nodded. "Alec came by and said."
"Oh."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I apologize for the very short chapter! Been busy with school and all...
'Till next time!
🖤🤍🖤