~𝖉𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓~

A/N
This chapter might give you guys a bit of confusion about Hazel, but don't worry.
Happy Reading! :)

"Clary we have to go

"Clary we have to go. Meliorn is a wanted man, we have to get him back to the Seelie court where he's protected." Jace said as Clary, Simon and I entered Hotel DuMort.
"I wish you could come with us." Clary said to Simon as we stopped.
"Got a lot of stuff to work out here." He smiled. "Like...controlling my murderous tendencies." Clary laughed. "We'll see each other soon."
"Before you know it." She said. "Simon listen, I—"
"Clary, what's done is done." He said. "I'm a vampire, you're a Shadowhunter. Maybe that's supposed to mean something, but...you're still you." He chuckled. "And I'm still me. Sort of. Enough...anyway." Clary did not let him say anything else, as he hugged him. Jace watched them, carefully as I fixed my gaze to the ground. "Let's work up to hugging...cause I haven't had dinner yet."
"Sorry."
"It's okay." He said as they stared at each other.
"Goodbye, Simon." Clary said and placed a hand on Jace's shoulder as they walked off.
"You gonna alright?" I asked stepping closer to Simon.
"Weird."
"What?"
"Since when did you start behaving well towards me?" He smirked.
I rolled my eyes. "Come on. You're a downworlder now. Like me. We're basically brothers and sisters now."
"But we are totally different." He said. "You're a hybrid and I'm a vampire."
"But still..." I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Downworlder." I smiled.
"Right." He chuckled.
"Stay safe, kay?" I hugged him as he hummed.
Soon, I walked out of Hotel DuMort to see Clary and Jace talking to Meliorn and Izzy.
"You're in good hands." Izzy said to Meliorn as I walked up to them. "I need to get back to the Institute, see what hell has broken loose. Try and talk some sense into Alec." She said I sighed. "Take care of him."
"We will."
"Are you coming?" Izzy asked me.
"I don't know." I sighed. "Maybe no." She nodded and kissed Meliorn one last time before running away.
"Isabelle told me that it was your idea to rally the Downworlders." Meliorn said. "That you spearheaded my rescue."
"Don't give me too much credit." Clary said. "Hazel stood up for them too. Isabelle made this happen, we just helped."
"She's being modest." Jace said. "You're a Shadowhunter now."
"I've been surprised by more than one Shadowhunter tonight. Let alone a hybrid." He looked at me. "You've risked everything to unite us."
"Right after you tried to sell her out."
"Not my finest moment." Meliorn said. "Which is why I'm offering you a gift...for your sacrifice." He said to Clary. "If you're ready. I can help you find your father."
***
"Toto we're not in Kansas anymore." Clary said as we walked through the green forest which was the Seelie Glade.
"Welcome to the See Glade, Clary Fairchild and Hazel Andor." Meliorn said as we followed him. "The remotes edges of it."
"How did we get here?" She asked.
"There are entrances all through the mundane world." I answered.
"You just have to look." Meliorn added.
"Why did we have to come here to find my father?"
"Because of your necklace." He said. "It's a Portal shard."
"Tell is something we don't know." Jace said.
"How does it work?"
"When I touch the crystal and I think of someone, I can see where they are." Clary answered.
"I'm curious, Shadowhunter, who knows so much about Portals, did you ever wonder why, this Portal shard doesn't behave the way normal Portals do?" He said.
"Normal Portals can only take you to places you've been." I said.
"Guess I never really thought about it." Jace said.
"I see Isabelle is the smart one in the family." He said as Clary chuckled. "Your Portal shard works the way it does because it's a piece of a Portal from another dimension."
"Another dimension?"
"You're saying there's a Portal in some other universe that can take us to anyone if we just think of them?" Jace asked crossing his arms.
"If you can find the only Portalstill standing in that dimension it will take you to your father." He said as we were still following him. "These trees are where the alternate dimensions intersect the Seelie realm."
"How is it possible that the Clave doesn't know about your dimensional doorways?" Jace asked.
"They are our most guarded secret." He answered. "We are their protectors. Only Seelies know of their existence."
"Then why are you telling us?" I asked.
"I owe you and your friends a life debt...and I don't like being indebted to anyone."
"What will happen if—?" Clary began.
"If the Seelie Queen finds out I've shared this with you?" He finished for her. "I could be executed."
"We'll, we'll be extra careful then." Jace said looking around.
"There is no 'we' in this scenario." He said. "Only Clary and maybe Hazel is to find the Portal. My debt is to them."
"Why me?" I asked.
"We'll, you are a Downworlder, not only a Shadowhunter." He said. "You've stood up to us uncountable times and you've also saved my life." He smiled as I smiled back.
"You've given us no reason to trust you, Seelie." Jace said.
"Blondie." I glared at him. "He brought us here, didn't he?" Jace didn't say anything after that. Meliorn smirked and started using his Seelie magic to open the Portal. We could here the energy pulsating. Green smoke and glitter came out of his hands as he removed the trees, dancing swiftly and calmly with his magic and the wind.
"I knew the Seelies were one with nature, but..." Clary trailed off.
"This will establish a connection to the other dimension." Meliorn said once he was finished.
"What's it like?" Clary asked. "The other dimension. Is it like this one?"
"It is...but it isn't." Meliorn smirked as he was still using his magic.
"Could you be more vague?" Jace said.
"It is an alternate timeline, in a sense." He said. "There Shadowhunters and demons no longer exist."
"What?" Jace asked surprised.
And the Downworlders have confined to the mundane way of life to avoid detection." He said. "Including hybrids."
"What happened to the Shadowhunters?" Clary asked.
"Their services were no longer required, because they won the war against the demons, centuries ago. Once they sealed the rifts between their worlds..." he inhaled deeply. "Their culture faded away." He was still using his magic. "Once you two arrive in the alternate dimension, you will assume the body of the Clary and Hazel in that world. You will think and feel just like them."
"But we'll still know we're ourselves, right?" I asked. "We'll know we have to find the Portal?"
"There's a catch." Jace said. "With Seelies, there's always a catch." He rolled his eyes.
"Your alternate self could consume you if you let it." He said.
"Is there a way to not let it?" Clary asked.
He was straining as he nodded. "Focus on the differences between that world and ours." He said as a huge circular door, heavily crafted appeared in the distance. "Find something or someone to keep you grounded to this one."
"Easy enough." Clary smirked as she looked at Jace. I could only think of one person, Magnus.
"It will be more difficult than you think." Meliorn said. "If you two don't hurry, you could cease to be this world's Clary Fairchild and Hazel Andor."
"And be stuck in that world forever." I sighed as the door revealed to have a giant ruby at the center of it.
***
"I just need to be sure it's safe." Clary said to Jace as she handed him the Cup. The sun set and the moon was about to rise. "Just in case we don't, or...I don't make it back."
"We're coming back." I said as Jace nodded his head.
"What, do either of us know about interdimensional travel?"
"Little bit." Jace shrugged.
"Not helping."
"It's time." Meliorn said from behind.
"Meliorn, I appreciate the risk you're taking," Clary said as we walked closer towards him. "But life debt requires you ensure our safety." Meliorn nodded. "We'll go, but if we find this alternate portal, we're not sure if we will be able to face Valentine on our own."
"They'll need back up." Jace said.
Meliorn sighed. "If you find the Portal, you may come back. Shadowhunters need Seelie permission to go through. Only demons can pass through unaided." He turned around and used his magic to open the Portal to the other dimension, speaking Seelie.
The door opened to reveal a portal of blue and orange, a very unusual one. Me and Clary looked at one another and nodded taking each other's hands as we walked inside the portal. Feeling a gush of wind hitting my face.