𝟔.𝟔 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

Liam and Hayden had gotten chains for Theo and took him with them to find where the transformer was. Scott looked at Jules and Brett and he could smell the tension in the room. Jules turns to him nodding—telling him that he could leave the two so they could talk. The couple stayed in silence for a few minutes—both of them pondering what to say.

"I know you're angry but Jules we needed his help and this is coming from me. Trust me I hate him just as much as you do." Brett tells her as she continues to stay quiet. "We were just trying to catch a ghost rider and because Kira is with the Skinwalkers Theo was the only one strong enough to handle the amount of electricity that we were gonna use. Jules please talk to me." He begs her. "3 months." She says making Brett look at her questioningly. "3 months since we defeated the Dread Doctors. 3 months since we defeated the Beast. 3 months since Kira sent Theo to Hell. 3 months since I've had to see his face. I experienced normality or at least the closest thing as I could get for 3 months. And you 3 managed to disrupt that in the matter of hours." Jules starts leaving Brett silent this time.

"Oh and don't think I haven't noticed how delicate you've been with me. Like you're waiting for me to crack. I don't talk about it—about anything that happened the last few months because of him. Brett I killed someone because of him. I killed a guard—I bent my morals because of him. He had the Dread Doctors kill me just so he could bring me back to life and make me forget about not only you but about everything my friends did-" Jules says.

"Stiles is your friend and I'm trying to help you save him why can't you see that!" Brett says with slight anger in his voice. "I'm delicate with you because I'm afraid the slightest thing will turn it on—that side of you that wouldn't hesitate to kill someone. That side of you that didn't even recognize me. I'm afraid of everything, I'm afraid to talk to you, I'm afraid to touch you!" Brett says almost yelling making Jules' eyes feel warm as she tries not to tear up. "Well if you're so afraid of me then maybe we should just take a break!" Jules says without thinking making her hold her hand up to her mouth as Brett looks at her with a look she can't quite decipher. "Maybe we should. " He says almost in a whisper.

"Then we're on the same page." Jules says as her voice cracks slightly. Brett only nods and makes his way out turning back to look at her once more before walking out the door. Jules tries her hardest to not let her tears fall as she makes her way upstairs only to see Scott waiting for her in the hall. He knew he didn't have to say anything seeing her state. He felt the same pain when Kira left to join the skinwalkers. All he did was hold out his arms for her as she ran up to him and let her tears fall.

***

The next day the group had gone to an abandoned cabin out in the woods. Inside was a cafe where they planned to trap a ghost rider. Corey was on top of the roof sticking a metal pike into it to attract lightning. Hayden and Liam doin entered with a chained up Theo who didn't fail to notice the distant look on Jules' face. "You did it." Hayden says proudly as she looks at the cage. "Of course we did it." Mason says in an obvious tone.

"This thing can transmute the energy from a lightning bolt. Even successive strikes." Theo says as he turns the power on. "Mason, are you sure this is gonna work?" Scott asks him. "Well, whatever's inside this cage is shielded from any outside electrical current. So, the Ghost Rider won't be able to use lightning to escape." Mason explains to him. "We put a lightning rod on the roof and connected it to that conduit cable, drawing the Ghost Rider to that spot." Corey adds on. "We can't send him directly in because the cage neutralizes electromagnetism. Lightning will just bounce off of it. Which is the same reason it'll hold him in." Mason says as he stands closer to Corey.

"If the Ghost Rider lands here, how do we get him in the cage?" Jules asks finally speaking up. "We have to lure him in." Corey answers her which makes her raise her eyebrows. "Bait?" Scott asks him. "I'll do it.
It'll be okay. I'm faster than you." Hayden volunteers which makes Jules roll her eyes.