𝟔.𝟐 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?" Scott asks him. "Something's happening to Mason." Liam says anxiously as he drops his lacrosse stick and starts running towards the school with the rest of the group chasing after him to figure out what was going on.

Liam leads them all to the library and as they run through the front doors they see Mason and Corey with a fire extinguisher and a chair in hand to use as weapons. They two nearly smash the wolves heads in until they realize who they are and they all exhale deeply in relief. "They were here--the Ghost Riders." Masons pants out. "Here? Right now?" Scott asks them. "I thought they left when the storm left?" Liam intervenes. "I guess not, because two of them were right up there." Mason says pointing up to the balcony on the second floor of the library.

"What were they doing?" Jules asks. "We didn't see them when they came in--we only saw them when we turned invisible." Mason says as Liam concerned expression changes into an angry one. "You brought him into this?" Liam says aggressively to Corey. "He was trying to protect me." Mason says defending Corey as Liam continues to glare at a nervous Corey. "Uh, they didn't seem to care about us. They-they walked right by us." Corey says to them. "Then what happened?" Scott asks concerned for the boys until they drown in confusion as they look at each other. as if they were trying to jog each other's memories. After a long moment, they start to slowly describe what they saw, though it's clear they're unnerved by the fact that there seem to be holes in their memories from what happened.

"Uh, then they just jumped down and left." Mason says while Scott look up at the balcony with worry on his face. Jules looked up as well wondering why they would just leave without doing anything. "That's it?" Liam asks skeptically. 

"Yeah..."

"They didn't take someone? There was nobody else in here?" Scott asks them as Corey looks at him with worry.

"No. It was just us."

***

Jules and Scott had gone home afterwards and Jules had been in her room staring at her lacrosse stick until her gaze fell on an empty space on her bulletin board. Surrounding the empty space were photos that she had taken over the years, these included photos of her tenth birthday—she had been smiling so widely since she had finally reached the double digits—, another was of Scott's first game. In one corner was a picture of her and Kira holding up their jerseys which had the numbers 15 and 7 etched onto the back. Below that were the pictures she and Brett had taken at the carnival. She had a photo of her and Erica when they were just kids and another one with her, Erica, and Boyd all sitting together and smiling brightly.

These were only a few of the photos she had and seeing them always made her smile. As she stepped closer to look at them she suddenly felt a pain shoot up her foot. She groaned as she looked at her foot to see that she had stepped on a push pin. Next to it was a photo that was lying face-down. She picked it up and turned it over to see it was the photo Sydney had taken of them on yearbook photo day, but something was off about it. She pinned it back into the board but she couldn't help but stare at the empty space in between the group. Lydia and Malia were on one side of the table and Jules and Scott on the other. But in the middle it was just empty which confused Jules. Something was missing.

Someone was missing.

***

There had been an early morning lacrosse practice the next day. Nathan a boy who Malia had hooked up with the night before had just scored and he was  looking very pumped. "Yes! Now that's what I'm talking about! That's how its done. That is captain material!" Coach tells loudly. Just then, Liam runs up in his work-out gear, carrying his gloves, lacrosse stick, and helmet in his hands as he rushes to join them, causing Jules, Scott and Coach to shoot him a look.