𝒙𝒍𝒗 . . . when you're older you'll know

𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 the Great Hall, the four Pevensies all stood in a line on the raised platform at the front of the room

𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 the Great Hall, the four Pevensies all stood in a line on the raised platform at the front of the room. A single throne, carved out of grey stone, had been placed in the centre where every watching eye could see it. Charlotte stood to the left of the throne, Caspian's new crown resting beside her on a small table.

Sat in the chairs that had been organised into rows by Susan, were nobility and gentry who were respected by the courts of Telmar, or those wishing to see a new beginning and a new rule for the nation of sea farers. And the Narnian creatures watched down onto the Hall from over the wooden railings blocking the ends of the ledges near the top of the room.

Reepicheep, ever the Nationalist and self-righteous creature, insisted to Charlotte that he sit on her shoulder during the entirety of the coronation. She agreed without the need for persuasion, which greatly disappointed the knight for he'd "prepared a speech for Her Majesty to enjoy", so Charlotte let him say it anyway. But, after being in the Hall for five minutes, Charlotte instead held Reepicheep up in her hand, because he was bigger than a normal mouse, and made her look shorter than she wished to appear.

There were no centaurs playing a fanfare when Caspian entered the hall walking beside Aslan, but rather a tune given by the string instruments of an orchestra in the corner of the room. The guests all rose as their new King passed them, and sat down again when Caspian stood infront of his throne, while Aslan faced the room.

"The time of sorrow and turmoil for the Telmarines has come to an end. A new era has begun to dawn, and with its light arrives your new King. King Caspian, the Sea Farer," Charlotte placed Reepicheep down on the table so she could pick Caspian's crown up, and she set it down on his head after he bowed down on one knee.

Caspian rose as Aslan continued, "Times of prosperity and wellness are wished alongside you and your Nation, Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia. ," Aslan gave a meaningful glance left and right, taking the time to linger on Charlotte, Peter, and Susan, "May your wisdom grace us all until the stars rain down from the heavens." There was a respectful silence for contemplation of the words, then a cry of "Long live King Caspian!" Echoed from every being and bounced off every wall.

The coronation was followed by a procession through the streets of the town, and much like the week before when the army had returned, bells chimed and villagers cried and children waved and ran around, this time choosing to venture further past the ankles of their mothers and try to mingle with the centaurs leading along.

Dancing and drinking excessive amounts of mulled wine followed far into the night with the windows of Castle Caspian being lit from each and every flaming candle or torch. Charlotte had refused to join the dancing until she'd emptied two champagne flutes, and even then she only danced twice — once with Peter and again with Edmund. Susan had soon joined her standing off to the side of the ball room complaining that her feet hurt when she stood.