𝒙𝒍𝒊𝒊 . . . they lost their minds

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 came for the entire Telmarine army to station their ranks and regiments on the field surrounding the How and the small pile of ruined monument, the more Charlotte felt panic set in

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 came for the entire Telmarine army to station their ranks and regiments on the field surrounding the How and the small pile of ruined monument, the more Charlotte felt panic set in. She'd finished tying up the back of her dress just in time to arrive in a room far under the grounds that Aslan's How was built on, connected to the upper levels by long twisting and intricate tunnels made of rough stone, lit with flaming torches that licked the cracks and danced along the growing moss.

Caspian dusted off his hands on his leather tunic after helping Lucy up onto his horse behind Susan, raising his eyebrow at Charlotte wondering where she'd been. Charlotte hit him in the side when he opened his mouth, so he focused his attention back to the Pevensie sisters. "Destier has always served me well. You are in good hands."

"Or hooves." Lucy giggled, but sobered when Charlotte said, "I'll have to go in a minute, be safe you two, good luck. I love you."

Caspian smiled internally at the small interaction of sisterly affection between three girls who were different ages and came from two families, and looked up again at Susan who was already looking back at him, "Good luck." That was all he said to her, although he wanted to talk to her more, wishing he could tell her that he needed her to come back alive. Caspian then pulled her ivory horn out of his belt and stared at it blankly, "Maybe it's time you had this back?"

Susan hesitated with it held tightly in her hands, before pushing it back towards the prince looking up with wide eyes, "Why don't you hold on to it? You might need to call me again." The Telmarine looked and felt a great deal more important with what he'd been entrusted to keep safe, holding the fabled ivory horn that brought him his saviours.

Both Queens grinned down at him and Charlotte, and then Susan flicked the reins. The shadow of them stretched across the walls of the tunnel, and Lucy's voice echoed, sounding as of she'd not been impressed with her sisters not so subtle attempts of flirting, "You might need to call me again?"

"Shut up."

Charlotte and Caspian stood listening in a weighty silence to the sound of clipping hooves drain away up to the field, and she clapped her hand over his shoulder, finally coming to point at the horn with her quivering fingers, "You should feel rather privileged, Caspian."

"Why? Surely Queen Susan isn't that protective over her horn?" That hadn't been in the history books he'd been forbidden from reading as a child.

"Oh no. You'd be surprised at the amount of times Lucy or I would try to use it when we were bored. She'd ignore us all throughout dinner if we so much as went near it, let alone even tried so much as to touch it. You should feel honoured she let you keep it for longer than you actually should have." Caspian seemed to positively glow at the revelation.

"I'd better go, Miraz won't be long." Charlotte walked up the first few steps leading to the tunnel, until Caspian's question caught her attention. "Why are you letting him do this? You seem awfully calm."