𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊 . . . deteriorating mental stability

𝐈𝐍 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄'𝐒 newly concocted plan to be put into action, she needed the Lords to still believe she wasn't going any where near the council chamber, let alone inside to attend the meetings

That way, her reappearance was sure to be a shocking one, and Lord Richard and Lord Thomas would never have suspected such a thing to be done, especially considering the lengths all the other monarchs were going to to keep the rumours contained with-in the castle walls.

It was always tricky business for the fauns that came to take Charlotte's meals to her chambers ( She hardly ever ate with anyone but herself, unless members of the nobility were visiting ), as there were stacks of papers and folders piled up high all over every available space in the room, and that included; the piano, the desk, bedside tables, vanities, chests-of-draws, and every inch of the floor.

The only place Charlotte would ever be seen was her chambers, or the library. That was it, there was no in between.

It was like she'd gone back to living in England again. Alone. Except, Charlotte had began to have recurring dreams about England, the wardrobe, and lantern waste. She was starting to wish she could just go home.

There would be no pressure of ruling a country in England, or Lords that made false comments about her mental stability. But there was no war left in Narnia, or bombings that destroyed cities every time one exploded. She couldn't decide which one was worse.

Charlotte had had to place multiple orders for new quills and inks because she'd used up all of her ink, and accidentally snapped all of her quills ( along with a few of Peter's she'd persuaded him to lend her ) with the numerous piles of parchment she'd filled with furious scribbles. However they all still ended up looking like it had been taken out of a printed book, the cursive was so perfect.

All the archives and books that had been taken out of the library and back to her chambers, ( Peter had helped but Charlotte refused to tell him what she needed them for, "You'll just have to be patient, won't you?" ) were accounts of Narnia during her parents reign, during the Jadis' reign, and the family trees of two certain lords.

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄 decided it would be the day she made her appearance in the council. In order to hopefully infuriate the lords even more than they already were with her, Charlotte decided against the dress but instead went for the leather trousers and poet shirt, paired with her ever-so trusted riding boots.

Her wardrobe choice had shocked the dryads that tamed her hair for her, and Charlotte knew that if Aimee reacted in such ways, the council would be beside them-selves with rage. It was perfect. But, compromises had to be made for Aimee to let Charlotte leave her chambers wearing what she was before she could go.