Part 25

I stayed in the Tower for two days. It was nice. Clint was helpful, and made sure they would let me go back to patrolling and fighting. 

On night two, Clint took me to his wing (everyone in the tower has a wing on a certain floor. Clint  had one on Floor 74 with Nat and the twins.) to meet his kids. 

"Hey I'm Cooper." I said, as the kids walked up to me. 

"I'm Cooper!" The oldest boy said. He was 11 from what I remember. 

"It's nice to finally meet you Cooper. You too Lila." 

"Finally meet you?" Laura repeated. 

"Yeah, I wanted to meet my cousins." I said. 

"Wait, you, your Amy's daughter." Clint's eyes went wide. 

"Yup. My full name's Cooper Van." 

"You're our niece?" Laura looked incredulous. I nodded.

"What? Why did you go away? I thought you were adopted and moved out West!" 

"Adopted? Is that what she said?" I was furious. "That bit-" Laura gave me a look. Right, the kids. "-tter woman." 

"What actually happened?" Clint asked.

"They kicked me out because I was born with strange powers." 

"Powers!" Lila squealed. I kneeled down to her height, and sensed she had a paper clip in her pocket. I summoned it out, and had it float in the air next to her head. I made it bend into different shapes. Her eyes went wide in amazement. 

"So you've been on your own in the streets, all this time, just because they thought you were a freak." Clint sounded angry. 

"Yup." I said cheerfully. 

He sighed. He looked so sad. How do I fix this? 

We went to bed soon after. It looked like Clint wanted to talk to Laura privately.

Pietro's POV (bet you didn't see that one coming =P) : 

"I'm landing in an hour." Wanda told me. I had been filling her in about what happened. She was supposed to come home tonight, but I wanted to talk to her beforehand. 

"Okay, see you then sis." 

"See you too." 

Just then, my other sister walked in. Cooper. She looked upset. 

"Hey, what is it lil sis?" She smiled as I sat down on Wanda's bed next to her. 

"Clint's my uncle." 

Clint? I mean, it makes sense, he's like a father to Wanda and I...

"How'd you find out?" I asked. 

"I found out a few weeks ago, but I accidentally revealed it to Clint tonight." I wrapped my arm around Cooper's shoulders and she leaned into me. "He seemed kinda weirded out." 

"Well, you know who'll cheer you up? Wanda." 

"Wait, Wanda's coming?" She grinned. Wanda was like an older sister to her.

"Yup, she lands in an hour. You can come with me to the airport." I looked at the clock. It read midnight. "How about you get some sleep until then." 

Cooper's POV : 

I had never met Wanda in person. I hoped she didn't try and read my mind. That would suck. We had always talked through texts and phone calls. She knew about my identity way before anyone else did. She was like an older sister to me. 

Pietro and I were sitting on an airport bench, waiting for Wanda to get released off her plane. I kept discreetly scanning the area, so far so good. No one suspicious yet.

I looked at the passengers of the latest flight, who were slowly filtering out of the plane. I saw an oddly familiar looking girl with long reddish-brown hair tied up in a high ponytail, wearing a red leather jacket. Wanda. 

Pietro ran over(at normal speed) and hugged her. She hugged me too, and we walked to our car.

Wanda and I stayed up all night, trading stories, watching movies, that sort of thing. We were up until 6 am, when Steve went on his morning run with Bucky and Sam. They told us to go to bed, so we did, but not before we snuck into Harley's medical room to check up on him. 

Even if Clint was going to be weird about our relation, I at least I still had Wanda and Pietro. 

One more chapter left! I hope you've enjoyed. I'll be posting in the week. 

Have a great day! 

-TFox

Texting the AvengersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara