Part 21

How is Clint my uncle? That can't be possible. I thought as I climbed through the fire escape. I didn't stick around for the speech, I still had to walk home. 

It was part of living on the streets. Even when something crazy happens, you have to know how to get up. Keep moving. Never falter. 

After I was back on ground level, I walked around the city, my subconscious bringing me to my destination. My hotel. 

I guess I really couldn't call it 'my' hotel. Plenty of other people lived there. Most just used it as a place to crash. A safe house. I had a few of those scatter around the city. I mostly stayed here.

As I walked through the broken down wooden doors, I noticed two men beaten bloody in one corner. A women sat at what used to be the receptionist area, eating a bag of chips on the counter. 

I climbed the stairs. Graffiti was everywhere. Nobody lived in any of the rooms near me, but just as a warning, I spray painted my C tag (found on Part 10) on the walls, as well as fortified my corner in the hallway. No one was passing without me seeing.

I quickly unlocked the door, as well as unlocked the 3 deadbolts I had installed in the door. Then I got to work.

At my job we got a 10% employee discount, which I used to buy myself a superpowered hotspot, enabling me to be able to hack from home. 

"And... we're in." I muttered as I got back into the Avenger's database. 

There is was. Clint's family tree, it was tied to his file. 

He had three kids, Lila, Nathaniel, and Cooper?  Cooper was 11, interesting. Nathaniel was two and Lila was eight. 

He had two siblings listed. Amy Van and Kyle Barton. Barton must be my mother's maiden name... 

It listed Kyle as deceased, and Amy as alive. I clicked on Amy's file. Apparently everyone who was born in the last 200 years was in Shield's Database. Supposedly at least. 

Her profile was pretty basic. It said her full name was Ameilia Delilah Barton. She was married to Alexander Van. She has a daughter named Cooper Precise Van. 

Okay, one, my middle name is Precise! What the hell? Why?! Also two, if I was listened in the database, why haven't any of my family tried to reach me? Did they not want me? Did my parents tell them I was a freak?

If Clint never reached out, I must have missed something. He probably doesn't want me to reach out either. So as far as I know, nothing even happened today. 

I collapsed on my bed. I had to talk to Harley.

C : You around?

H : ya 

H : what's up? 

C : I need to tell you something

C : don't freak out 

C : please

H : I promise I won't. What's up? Should I be worried?

C : I'm homeless 

H : WHAT 

H : why didn't you tell me.?

C : it's a sensitive subject

C :  beside I needed to know I could trust you, that you weren't going to turn me In to get 'help"

H : of course not 

H : where do you stay

C : I've got safe houses all over the city

C : I mostly just sta6 in an abandoned hotel in a room I cleaned up.

C : *stay

H : Safehouses? 

C : and that's thing two

H : what now? 

C : ever hear of The Shadow? 

H : your the shadow!

H : I sryiusly didn't expect that. 

C : so we're still good

H : ya 

H : do the avengers know?

C : no so plz don't tell them

H : course not 

H : I gotta go I have soccer practice ttyl

C : ttfn

How's it look so far? 

Enjoy your day. 

- TFox