Part 24

I sat on a couch in the waiting room of the medical ward with Clint. I had washed up, so my suit was clean and so was my face. A woman ran up to Clint. 

"Are you okay?" She asked as she hugged him fiercely. 

"Yeah Laura, I'm good." He smiled softly. 

Ah so this was Laura. She was a nice looking woman, brown hair much like my own falling around her shoulders, a petite build, and happy face. She smiled at me. 

"You must be C." She said extending her hand. I shook it. 

"Nice to meet you." I said with a smile. At that moment Bruce came out of the room, with Tony and Dr. Cho behind him. 

"Harley will be okay, you can all see him now." 

Soon many of us were in Harley's spacious hospital room. Pietro, Clint, Natasha, Laura, Tony, Pepper and I all crammed into the room. I walked up to Harley's bed. 

"Hey how're you doing?" I asked softly.

His eyes opened. "Exhausted." He yawned. I chuckled. 

"I'm calling down the rest of the team. Then your gonna explain everything." Tony directed at me. I shrugged. I was tired of lies, and I knew Clint would (hopefully) protect me. Besides, what's the worst they could do? 

 Soon everyone had come down and taken a seat in the room. I helped Harley into a chair, with his IV still attached, and Stark gave him a new shirt.

"So, Clint." Steve started, turning to him. "You know The Shadow." Clint nodded. 

"What's your name?" Pietro asked me, crossing his arms. 

"Cooper, although you can call me C." 

"You're C?" Natasha asked me. I nodded again. 

"That- that makes a lot of sense." Tony nodded. 

"How'd you get your powers?" Bucky asked, leaning forward. You could tell he was a soldier, the way he stood immediately made me on edge, despite the fact he was barely armed and wearing civilian clothing.

"Born with them."

"What exactly can you do?" Bruce asked, interested. I explained how I had Ferrokinese, the power to control metal. 

It was well past 11 when we were done talking. Nat finally sent us up to bed. I was going to be rooming with Pietro, so he super sped us up to his and Wanda's room. 

"There's some clothes in that closet that might fit you." Pietro gestured to Wanda's closet. I could tell it was hers because there room was divided strait down the middle. Wanda's side was black and red themed furniture, with red carpet. Pietro's side was themed blue and white, with blue carpet. 

I opened Wanda's closet after texting her to ask if I could. She replied with a happy : go for it! so I pulled out a t-shirt and clean leggings and changed into those. 

I sat crosslegged on Wanda's bed and Pietro sat on his. 

"What's life like on the streets?" He asked after a few minutes of silent. His Slokovian accent was thick in his voice.

"Different. You always have to be ready to fight for whatever you have, even if you don't want it." Pietro looked at me confused. "Even if you're fighting over something as worthless as a candy bar wrapper, you can't let someone else take it or everyone will think you're weak. Then they'll steal more important stuff from you, like food and money." I clarified.

"What what life like back in Sokovia?" 

He explained to me his life there. How he and his family would watch American sit-coms to learn English. How he would run around the street with his friends, always on the watch for soldiers. 

As we talked, I realized we were more alike than I originally thought. Maybe he and Wanda were like my siblings, liked they joked in texts. 

I could get used to having a family. 

Only a few chapters left!

Random question : 

Werewolves or Sirens (the Greek mythology type) 

Thanks! Have a nice day,

-Tfox