Chapter 15 - Jemma's POV

I'm standing in my old tiny bathroom looking down at a little plastic stick quietly counting. Immediately one line shows up. I mutter over and over again "not two lines, not two lines." But apparently no one was listening because the second line shows up just as bright as the first. Sitting down on the edge of the tub resting a hand on my lower belly. My voice echoes in the small space "How is this possible? I'm on birth control." After a few deep breaths. My mind clears as I think 'Well Jay and I have been talking marriage and kids this just steps up the time table.' I look in the mirror and smile. I rest my hands on my flat tummy and say "Hey baby, I don't know how this is possible but I want you to know that Mommy and Daddy love you very much. I have a feeling this is just the first of many surprises you're going to give us." I laughed as the tears gather in my eyes. How can I love someone I've never met, someone I didn't know even existed 15 minutes ago? I don't know but I do, I love this little baby already.

I have to tell Jay! He said he always wanted kids, I know he'll be thrilled. I walk out of the bathroom into my studio apartment and over to the counter where my phone is plugged in. I tapped his number, it's programmed in as 'Boyfriend' with hearts before and after the name. It was sent straight to voicemail after one ring so I hung up, I called back immediately knowing the double call meant it was an emergency but again I was sent straight to voicemail. This time I left a message "Jay, baby, we really need to talk it's really important. Please call me as soon as you can, I love you." my voice seemed loud in the quiet space, somehow the silence around me felt heavy.

My phone lit up with a text notification

Boyfriend: What's so damn important that you have to interrupt time with my family?

What. The. Fuck. he has never spoken to me like this, ever! It both hurt and angered me.

J: I would rather not say over text. When are you coming home?

BF: I am home.

J: I don't understand. Are you dropping out of school?

BF: What I do is none of your business. What did you want to tell me?

Why was he being such a jerk? The night before he left we'd made love all night long. He told me he loved me. He told me he would introduce me to his family. Was all that a lie? Was the last six months we had spent together all a big fat lie?

I took a deep breath holding my phone in one hand and the positive pregnancy test in the other and took a picture of it and sent it to him with the text

J: I'm pregnant, you're going to be a father.

It was read immediately and 3 dots showed up then disappeared a few times before I finally received a response.

BF: Get rid of it, I don't want it. I don't want you

It felt like he just ripped my heart out and ran it through a garbage disposal, I dropped to my knees but then the anger took over!

I called him again, no way in hell was he breaking up with me over text like a coward! No way was he going to tell me what to do with MY body! From the moment I saw those 2 little lines on a plastic stick I was in love with my child. Yet again I was sent straight to voicemail and the message I left this time was scathing and full of rage. "YOU FUCKING PRICK! After everything we've been through together? How DARE you treat me with such disrespect! If you don't want to have anything to do with OUR child then you can FUCK OFF but don't you DARE tell me to 'Get rid of it' you don't get to tell me what to do with MY body. You told me you loved me! You told me we would be together forever and now this? FUCK YOU!" I disconnected the call and sent one last text