Chapter 1 - Cold - Mister Spirit Wooroohee Sir

"Hey, wake up!" someone called as Cold felt his body shaking. Someone was shaking him. The person calling him was shaking him.

Opening his eyes, Cold saw a girl dressed in black robes. Her brunette hair was messily coiling around her face and shoulders. But from the alarmed look in her green eyes, she wasn't concerned about it at all.

"Aren't girls supposed to freak when they look bad?" Cold croaked, causing the girl to raise her eyebrows.

"Not that I know of."

Cold tried to look away from the girl's eyes. He noticed the scratches on her pale skin and some kind of red rings around her wrists. Cold felt like he should know why the girl had those scratches and marks, but he couldn't remember.

"Who...are you?" Cold asked the girl as he rubbed his eyes.

"I think my name is Kura. And you?" the girl replied.

"Cold."

"It is certainly cold here, but what should I call you?"

"Yeah, that's my name," Cold replied, "Cold."

"Very well..." Kura failed at masking her confused and disgusted look from the boy. "Anyways, we have to get out of here."

"B-Before that, d-do you know anything about 'the Kingdom of Lumina'?" Cold stammered.

"Nothing but the words. Why?"

"Oh. Nevermind."

"Alright," Kura picked up something long and cylindrical from the ground and held it out. Cold stared at her blankly, confused at what she was saying.

"What are you doing?"

"Is this not yours?"

"It isn't yours?"

"It clearly fits your attire much better than mine," Kura argued, nodding at Cold's clothes.

"Oh," Cold muttered in realization as he touched his hard clothes, the discomfort from them settling in. The hard clothes seemed to be the second layer of a bodysuit underneath.

Cold hoped that there were pockets in this thing.

He took the stick from Kura's hands before she got up and dusted herself.

"Let us depart now. I saw a few other people around here. We should check if they are well too," Kura started to turn away, leaving Cold wondering one question: Is she mad at him?

"Hey," Kura waved her hand in front of Cold's eyes, snapping him back to reality.

"Are you still here? Excellent. Come on, we do not want to freeze to death."

Freeze?

Cold followed the girl through this cold dirt—snow, the word appeared in his mind.

"Where are we going?" Cold asked, looking around to see white, white, and—oh look! Blue—and more white.

"How peculiar. I could have sworn I saw some people here earlier," the girl pondered out loud. She then hugged her arms as her body shuddered. "Let us just find someplace warm. It's freezing out here-"

"Freezing?" Cold still didn't get it.

Kura opened her mouth, but before she could—possibly—educate Cold, something interrupted her.

"Stop!"

Missed opportunity to say 'freeze', but Cold couldn't freeze either.

A figure that really didn't look like it belonged here, that is to say, a girl with orange clothing that barely covered her arms and legs pointed some kind of holed things at the side of the Kura's head and at Cold's face. Her amber eyes shone with ferociousness as the soft wind blew her short, brown hair up and down.