Chapter 1: Jeon and Park

Start from the beginning

The purpose today is for their kids' future education. The moms propose this party, so the children can meet with professionals who can give them advice and ways to go further.

The party went well. Jungkook got to meet Mr. Lee who could actually introduce him to his former students who are the Ivy league school's alumnis.

Jimin's mother also invited the Kim brothers; Kim Namjoon and Kim Taehyung, who are the close friends to Jimin and Jungkook to the party. So far, everyone benefits from the party, educational wise.

Being the older son of Korea's two famous models doesn't mean Namjoon has to inherit that pageant and model contests his parents own. He is pursuing business in the music industry. When it comes to Taehyung, he still wants to live life and have fun pursuing being a model.

When it comes to Jimin, his parents shake their heads. Why? Not because Jimin was rude to any guests. Not because Jimin was late. Not because Jimin is not smart and charming enough to get some good connections.

It's because Jimin was not there at the party at all.

Once Jungkook came down, Jimin's mother was looking for Jimin, and it turned out nobody knew where Jimin went. He texted Taehyung and Jungkook to inform their parents that he's fine. He knew he wouldn't be found. Not until the party was over because everyone was busy.

So now there's only Park and Jeon that are sitting in the living room after the party, having tea to freshen up.

"He's back." Jungkook informs after he checks his phone. "He's parking the car." That's what Jimin told him via text.

"He's so dead." Yuna utters, glancing at the house entrance.

"You play cold. I play an angry supporter. Deal?" Suengho, Jimin's dad, states playfully. "And you guys, keep being his favourite aunt and uncle."

The Jeon couple nod with a playful smile, knowing that their best friends don't actually have a heart to be really mad at their only child.

"Jungkook. You can play mad with us." Suengho informs, not knowing that Jungkkook is not going to play mad since he's mad for real.

Jimin irritates him so much. Not only was Jimin not there for moral support, knowing how the taller one doesn't like to socialize, but also the fact that Jimin doesn't seem to care about his own further education plan pisses Jungkook off so much.

Jungkook nods. "I'll do that." He says as he crosses his arms on his chest.

After about a minute or two, Jimin walks into the living room to see his parents sit there, crossing their arms and legs while looking at him. Jungkook also does the same.

"Jimin-ah. Did you eat? We have some of your favourite leftovers." Uee, Jungkook's mom welcomes him with a warm smile.

"Aunty, it's fine. I ate already." Jimin replies with a small smile, glancing at his parents. He approaches the couch where his mom is sitting. "Eomma, appa, I'm really sorry."

His mother lets out a loud sigh before she looks at Jimin with her side eye, not uttering a word.

"You won't get away with saying sorry this time. It's unacceptable." Jimin's dad, Seungho says in an angry tone just like how he planned.

"I'm sorry appa. I know." Jimin looks down as he puts his hands together on his lower stomach.

Jimin glances at Jungkook for help, but the taller one just gives Jimin an unfriendly look.

"You know how hard your mother worked to get these people to come to our party just for you guys." Jimin's dad keeps talking. "Explain your reasons."

"Uh I d-don't really have a reason." Jimin scratches his nape as he looks down.

"There needs to be a reason." Jungkook's turn to jump in. "Tell, Jimin."

Jimin gives a death glare to Jungkook. The taller one's supposed to be on his side.

"Can we please talk about it later? Uncle and aunty are here. I don't want to bother them." Jimin asks.

"We're family, Jimin-ah. We're here to listen." Jungi says.

Even Jimin is soft and obedient, but he's passively stubborn. He can be sassy. He can talk to people all day about anything, but his mind. Unlike Jungkook, their son is an introvert who can speak up for himself when needed. Strong, intimidating, but very honest with what he feels. Sometimes honesty comes off as arrogant and stuck up.

"I-It's just. Uhmm. I already signed up for an art school in San Francisco for graphic design."

"What?!" Everyone says un unisons.

"I'm really sorry, but it's what I want." Jimin explains. "The school doesn't require any English score or any experiences. It's a good school."

"Because they don't have any requirements?" His father asks.

"Is that the real reason? Because that brain you own can get you high scores on any kind of tests if you really start to study hard." Jungkook's mom says.

"I mean. I don't think I want to take th-" Before Jimin can finish his sentence, Jungkook interrupts.

"He doesn't even have to study hard with that brain. That's not the reason."

"Can you be quiet?" Jimin raises his voice.

"I won't. Why don't you tell them that you chose the city before school?" Jungkook keeps talking.

"You heard?" Jimin's eyes widened. Jungkook heard him talking about it with Taehyung?

"And why don't you also tell them that you want to live in California where you can go to the beach any time you want? That's the main goal."

"Jungkook. Stop."

"Also tell them that how San Francisco sounds like an amazing place for you because of the gay community. You wish to live freely where no one knows you're from the Park."

"Jungkook, you're being too much. It's rude to listen to my conversation with Tae." Jimin raises his voice.

"It's also rude to keep this thing away from people who care about you." Jungkook raises his voice too.

"I was planning to tell those things myself if you didn't cut me off."

"You weren't. You were saying something about scores. The school is one of the schools that provides graphic design in the city. That's why you chose it."

"Jungkook!" Jimin shouts loudly. "Shut up." He's really mad because Jungkook is crossing the line.

"I'll be waiting in the car." Jungkook gets up and walks away furiously. Not because he was told to shut up, but because he's been bothered with the fact that Jimin has kept all that from him. The best friend as if they're not on the same team.

"Jimin-ah. Come here." Yuna calls out to her son whose eyes are filling up with tears. "Come here to eomma."

"I'm sorry, everyone. I just want to live my life to the fullest." Jimin hugs his eomma tightly, burying his face into her shoulder.

"You know you could have told us. We would be fine with it." His dad says while his mom is comforting him.

"There's nothing wrong with it Jimin-ah. You know we love you so much no matter what you choose." Uee, Juungkook's mom adds.

"Right. Who cares if it's an Ivy League?" Jungi adds, earning a glare from Uee. She also slaps her husband lightly on the lap, but that doesn't slip out from Yuna's eyes.

"Since when you guys keep things away from us?"

"We're not sure if Jungkook's sure about it." Jungi says as he earns another glare. Not a good secret keeper in front of his best friends.

"Not sure about what?" Jimin asks immediately, lifting his head up from his mom's shoulder.

"Jungkook is not going to the US anymore."

------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter

A/N: Welcome to the story <3