________

I wanted to see her today, just to make sure things were okay after the fight. I was hoping she hadn't reconsidered about us staying together.

I texted her asking her is she wanted to go out with me tonight after her father goes to sleep. I waited and waited, but I got no reply and I was starting to get worried.

Is she trying to get back at me about the text?

That's probably it.

I went back to work. I didn't know why it was taking me so long to track down the dude. I was so distracted I just kept looking around the room half the time I was "working". I wouldn't even realize it until after half an hour.

But today I also had a weird uneasy feeling. Maybe it was because Tessa hadn't replied, but I had a bad feeling about it.

I didn't know how long it was until I heard my phone ringing. I immediately picked it up without even looking at the caller.

"Tessa?" I said hopefully.

"L-Leo"

There was something wrong. I could tell from the sound of her voice.

"Can you c-come get me, please?" She said, her voice cracking.

I didn't have time to ask what happened. I wanted to be where she was and comfort her. I asked her the address and she told me.

How did she end up there?

"Can you stay on the phone with me?" I asked as I got my things ready.

"Yes" She said.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" I asked as I got into my car.

"I-I" She couldn't even finish the sentence.

"It's okay, sweetheart it's between you and me"

"You should come see it yourself" She said.

I raised an eyebrow. What could be so bad?

"Okay" I said, "Are you safe?"

"Yes" She said her voice trembling.

"The place isn't far I'll be there in ten minutes, okay?"

"Okay"

I kept her on the phone. We didn't really talk. I could just hear her breathing that was too harsh at first, but it eventually calmed down.

"Okay, I'm here. Want to tell me where you are exactly?" I asked getting out of my car.

She gave me directions and when I got to where she was I was shocked to see what was in front of me.

There was a man next to her on the floor, bleeding out. She was pressing hard on his wound with a cloth, but what got my attention was the knife next to her.

I tried to keep calm for her. She was obviously upset and looked very unsettled. Who wouldn't be?

"Please tell me we can do something" She said looking at me.

The guy was definitely bleeding a lot but he was holding on and the knife was too small to cut really deep.

"Alright, let me make a call"

"No! How-I-"

"It's okay, Tess. No one will know" I said and walked a little further from them.

I called Nate, because I knew Ares would scream my ear off.