Keiki's Dilemma

Keiki is 13 and started 7th grade just a few weeks ago, Keiki wanted this to be her year where she became popular, the thing she didnt think of was that it would require her to ditch her old friends. Keiki had been hanging out with Anica, Remy and Valentina, they were well known, not just in 7th grade but even the 8th and some 9th graders knew them. 

Keiki's had been avoiding her best friend Starlet since they started school, Starlet's mum was Lola Wong, Ramona's bestfriend who co-owned their cafe. They had been friends forever, but suddenly to Starlet's suprise, Keiki had stopped talking to her and began ignoring her completely. 

Keiki had become so wrapped up in being 'popular' that she had forgotten all about Starlet, Keiki looked over at her from her lunch table and felt guilty. 

Keiki, Anica, Remy and Valentina went out to the football feild to go talk to Anica and Val's boyfriends, they then took Keiki back to the bathroom's where they offered her a vape. 

"It's raspberry you pussy" Anica laughed. 

Keiki took the vape and had a puff, "wow um very raspberryish" keiki coughed. Anica laughed and wispered something to Val, which sent them both into hysteria. 

Remy looked at Keiki and said quickly "Keiki and i should get to class, we have Miss Grennedy and she will be pissed if we are late". 

Hey Keiks, I know we haven't talked much lately but its my birthday on friday and im having a few people over, i would love if you could make it! - Starlet

"MUM IM GOING OUT WITH ANICA, VAL AND REMY THAT NIGHT, I CANT LET THEM DOWN,I ALREADY SAID I COULD GO" Keiki screamed. 

"Seriously Keiki, star's been your bestfriend forever and now your going to miss her 13th birthday party because you would rather be popular?", Ramona yelled back.

"MOTHER, I ALREADY SAID YES TO THEM"

"WELL I SAID NO" Ramona replied, just as Keiki stormed up the stairs.

A few hours later Keiki got a visit from Starlet, "Keiki, I don't know what i've done wrong, you've changed, im glad you made new friends and your getting invited to all these amzing parties, i miss you. if you cant come to my birthday, that's fine, hopefully we can hang another time" 

Before Keiki could apologise, or give her a hug, she ran downstairs where Lola and Ramona were talking. There was no way she could go down their and face them. 

"You came!" Starlet yelled. 

"Wouldn't miss my bestfriends birthday, come her" Keiki yelled giving Starlet a tight squeeze.