☾ 27

____________
Even if you're not perfect, you're a limited edition
_____________

Ji-eun's sudden contact with the cold handle of the thick glass door made the girl shiver. She slowly and quietly pulled it open and made her way inside where she saw Sunghoon standing in the middle of the rink, looking up at the ceiling.

His figure was perfectly still and his slender legs were propped to keep his balance. Sunghoon's hair was a bit of a cute mess atop his head and his eyes were fixated on the blank ceiling. He seemed so calm as if he was frozen in place, waiting to be thawed.

Without hesitation, the girl quickly made her way out to where Sunghoon was, carefully walking across the ice with normal shoes on since she didn't feel like bringing along her pair of skates.

"Wachya doin?" Ji-eun finally said as she reached him, snaking her arms around his hips, pulling him into a warm hug from behind.

Receiving a soft chuckle from Sunghoon, a smile spread across the boy's lips as he placed his hand atop of Ji's which were intertwined tightly together to keep him locked around her arms.

"Waiting for you, princess." Sunghoon stately sweetly, turning himself around to look at the dazzling girl that stood before him. With their eyes locked on one another, both of their hearts were going crazy.

I already shared a kiss with her but why do I always feel overwhelmed whenever I see her? Why do I want to hug her, hold her and be by her side?

Oh—right, it's cause I love her.

Sunghoon smiled down at the girl who was standing on her tippy toes to reach his level, pulling him in gently by the collar to whisper into his ear.

"So how does this work really?" Ji mumbled, drawing her face away from the boy's ear, bending her head down as she fixed her eyes at the icy floor.

"To be honest...I don't really know." Sunghoon laughed softly, brushing away his hair from his face. He had one hand holding onto Ji-eun to keep her steady so she wouldn't fall because she wasn't wearing the proper shoes to be walking on the ice with.

"Right, both of our first relationships were wack." Ji-eun joked, tracing the tip of her shoe over the ice as she still evaded eye contact with the boy.

Standing in front of the girl, Sunghoon felt so relaxed and open. He had never felt this comforted by a person ever since his mother died so it was hard for him at first to accept affection after all the crazy stuff that happened to him with Heeseol.

He was like a perfectly sculpted block of ice with a frozen heart, waiting for the day it would finally thaw out and beat again.

Only an act of true love can thaw a frozen heart.

"So it's official, huh?" Sunghoon teased with a grin plastered on his face. "I know I'm fabulous, who wouldn't wanna date me." The boy said dramatically, throwing his hands up in the air.

Ji-eun was struggling a bit, for she didn't know how to straightforwardly tell the cute boy towering over her that she truly loved him. Everytime she'd want to say it to his face, she'd lose confidence or overthink it all.

What if this is just a one-sided crush and I'm being played?

Ahaha--- what am I thinking?! Sunghoon would never and that's a fact!

"Princess?" Ji-eun was snapped back to reality due to the repeated clicking sounds that echoed in her ear. She had spaced out for quite some time and it was making the boy in front of her worry.

"Oh yeah?" The girl mumbled under her breath, feeling her cheeks heat up as she made eye contact with Sunghoon. She quickly adverted her eyes, fixing them onto the icy floor. Where had all her confidence gone? Wasn't she the one who decided to allot a place where they should meet?

"Oh, wait-!" The girl's mind was pretty much a jumbled mess with many contradicting thoughts flowing through it. She was nervous, relaxed and happy at the same time and it was confusing for the girl.

Following her sudden change of tone and movement, Sunghoon turnt all his attention to the girl, now intrigued as to what she was about to say.

"I found this ring on the night we were here...I'm sure it belongs to you. Here." Ji-eun explained, outstretching her hand to hand Sunghoon the ring.

The boy stared at the golden jewelry that was resting in Ji's palm, smiling down at it as he observed it.

"I don't need it anymore..", he breathed out heavily, using his hand to close the girl's hand with the ring in it. He was gently holding her fist shut, his lips were pulled into a soft smile.

"You can have it. It suits you."

Ji-eun's heart skipped a beat, looking up at the boy who seemed much happier than he ever was made her feel relieved. She didn't want to hurt his precious soul.

Sunghoon took the ring from the girl, holding up her now opened hand. He gently slid the ring onto the fourth finger of her left hand then interlocked their fingers, pulling the girl closer to him.

"It's beautiful.." Ji-eun complimented, tracing her gaze over the diamond studded gold ring that was once Sunghoon's mother's gift to his father.

"Mhmmm", was all that Sunghoon said. His gaze was always on Ji-eun and he couldn't help but feel genuine happiness whenever he was around her.

"Don't you think?" Ji asked, holding the ring up against the light, examining the golden glistening jewelry.

"Very." -Sunghoon

"What? Boy, are you even looking at it-" -Jieun

"Why would I need to admire that simple ring when I have a one of a kind jewel in my arms? I for one thinks she the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.."

As the soft words escaped from Sunghoon's lips, Ji-eun could feel her heart palpitating in her chest much faster and louder than before. She was once again overcame with the overwhelming feeling growing inside of her. Getting butterflies, blushing and smiling like an idiot was all she could manage to do in the moment.

She was so happy and comfortable with him that she hadn't even realized she was crying until Sunghoon's expression on his face contorted a bit.

"What's wrong-?" Sunghoon asked, bewildered and very worried.

Ji-eun sucked in a deep breath, using the back of her hand to wipe away the uncontrollable tears that glazed her cheeks. It was tears of happiness. She had never felt these feelings she had for Sunghoon for anyone else so she was just inundated by it all.

Cupping her hand on the boy's cheek, she looked directly into his dark void like eyes that encompassed only her.

"I love you so much. Simple words cannot describe how you make me feel. I never thought it would turn out like this, you know, moving here and attending the same school as my rival but I must say, I wouldn't change it for the world. You're the best thing to step foot in my life and I'd like to keep it that way. So, Park Sunghoon, will you be my boyfriend?"

_______________

A/n
The way I changed the name of the ff so many times- but now finally, I found the perfect title to match it.

Did I just quote frozen in my ff? Yes, yes I just did. ✊😩✨
But anywho, stay safe and healthy! <3