☾ 24

________________

You showed me I have reasons I should love myself
________________

An entire week had passed since Ji-eun saw Sunghoon and she was getting more than worried. He had missed all his classes and he wasn't at the rink whenever she visited. She had asked his two best friends about him but they wouldn't tell her much, for they also didn't exactly know what had happened to him. Sunghoon wasn't the only person the girl was thinking about. A few days ago her and her friends watched Heeseung as he waved them their last goodbye before leaving for Japan. Not only did Heeseung depart but her two best friends from Icheon also went back to their hometown after the inter school activity was over. She had missed all of them so much but there really was nothing she could do about it.

The days left for the competition were creeping up on her and she was straining herself with practicing. Every day, she'd visit the rink and practice and practice her moves until the sudden pain in her ankle would come. As each day went by the pain would grow more intense but she never had the time to worry over it. Her main goal was to keep practicing until she had perfected her moves, making a mistake or falling wasn't an option for the girl because that meant elimination.

It was currently Friday afternoon and she was quietly waiting for her class to end so that she'd go home to clean up before heading off to practice.

Tapping her pen lightly on the smooth texture of the blank page as she looked out of the window, her light brown eyes dully scanned the empty field, the feeling of sadness enveloped her as her mind trailed off elsewhere, not paying attention to her final class of the day.

"Miss Yang." The girl's attention was hauled back to reality due to hearing her named being called. Giving the teacher a polite look of confusion, she stood up, awaiting for her teacher to elaborate on why she called her.

"Mr. Park has been absent for an entire week. I'd like for you to take these notes to him, please." The girl was rendered speechless. Would she finally see the boy after all this time?

Of course she accepted the teachers request without fuss, walking to the front of the class to collect the work from the teacher.

"Class dismissed. Have a good weekend students." And with that, the teacher left the classroom and so did the students one by one. Ji-eun quickly grabbed her backpack, placing the stack of books she had to deliver to Sunghoon in it so it would be safe.

Earning a shocked look from Sana, the girl looked at her with a smile atop her lips. "What?" Ji mouthed, observing Sana's dazed expression. Sunoo's girlfriend hastily made her way across the classroom, fidgeting with her backpack as she excitedly looked at the girl ahead of her.

"Now you'll have a plausible excuse to meet him. You've been worrying over him for so long! Now's your time to meet him! I'm sure there's a good reason why he's absent." Sana voiced, squinting her eyes as she hooked her arms around the girl, pulling her close to her.

"Where does he live though?" Ji asked dryly, feeling a little dumbfounded due to taking up the task without even knowing where the boy lived.

"We can take you there. Jay and I were planning on visiting him." Jake appeared from behind the two girls, giving Ji-eun a reassuring nod.

"Oh, well great! I need to ask my dad first." The girl fumbled, rummaging through her pocket for her phone to call her father. After getting approval from him, the girl scurried along with Jake and Jay as they went to meet Sunghoon.