☾ 8

___________
I'm only running forward, lighting up the dark within
_____________

"We need to talk."

Jake pulled me away from the path that led to where Sana had run off. When I got a glimpse of his face it did seem like something was on his mind so I complied with his request without causing a fuss. He had his hand clamped around my wrist as he led me somewhere else to talk. I just followed behind him as many questions ran through my now confused mind.

"So..what's up?" I finally asked, feeling the weight decreasing from my chest as I braced against the wall at the back of the school where students rarely hang around.

"Listen carefully.." he began, fixing himself closer to me to say whatever was on his mind that seemed so important.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Where have you been??" Sana asked me from across the classroom as soon as I walked in with Jake following behind me. Out of pure curiosity I diverted my eyes from Sana to Sunghoon and noticed he was already staring at me, or was it behind me? I couldn't exactly tell but he was definitely looking at us with a gruff expression splayed across his face. I shook my head, snapping out of the temporary trance looking back at Sana who was sitting next to Sunoo. I smiled evilly as I approached her, pushing away the thoughts of what Jake told me earlier.

"You owe me food." I stood by the open window beside them, giving Sana a face of content. She stuck out her tongue teasingly. "Yeah but you didn't catch us. Where were you though?" She hastily changed the topic, creasing her brows as she glanced at Jake who was sitting in his combination talking to Jay and Sunghoon normally then looked back at me, wriggling her brows. Oh no, does she think something's going on between us now? Please-

"After I lost you I unconsciously wandered off somewhere. Jake...he just happened to enter the class the same time I did, nothing more." Yes, I lied but I couldn't tell her why I was with Jake. The information he shared with me was classified, plus if she found out it was about Sunghoon she'd probably be losing her mind right now.

"Oh...okay." She answered, giving me a weird squint of eyes before turning her attention to her boyfriend. He mostly clung to her because he didn't know anyone else in our class. They were honestly made for each other and it was so cute but watching them being all lovey-dovey made my heart clench in single.

I let out a sigh, resting my elbows on the sill of the window as I let the cool breeze blow past me, making my brown hair sway in the direction of where the wind was going, causing my hair to cling around my face in a mess. I quickly avoided the situation from getting worse by raking my hair back in a neat bunch, tying it up in a low ponytail. From my peripheral vision I felt a piercing stare bore into me, making me instinctively turn my head only to meet the eyes of a boy looking at me. Sunghoon? When he realized I had caught him red handed he quickly adverted his eyes, looking elsewhere. Why did he look flustered?

Glancing at the boy beside him, I saw Jake looking back and forth between me and Sunghoon, smiling teasingly as he wiggled his eyebrows at me. 'What', I mouthed, confused at his antics but he only kept the smug look on his face. Unknowingly, Sana was also looking at the situation that befell her but I hadn't noticed until she called out to me.

"Dude! Did you see the way Sunghoon was staring at you?? It's like he's lovestruck!! Oh my godddd!" She exclaimed in a squeal, placing her hand over her heart.