1

"Miss you must get ready now!," the handmaid lectured.
"Agatha you know I don't want to do this! I'm not ready to meet suitors! I don't want to get married!," y/n cried.
"Princess y/n. You know that it is your duty to marry a prince to form an alliance with another country. With the war approaching the west, it is your duty to your people to protect them in anyway. Now let's get you ready."

Y/n let's put a sigh of defeat as the weight of her responsibility sits on her shoulders. Why did she have to be the one to get married? It couldn't have been the daughter of a duke or lord? The idea of having to marry someone she doesn't know makes her throat tighten. It would be a loveless marriage. He'd only use her to breed her and produce heirs to the throne.

Agatha moves her in front of the mirror as laces up y/n's corset. As she watches herself in the mirror, it all started to feel to real. The pain in her chest when she breathed and the nausea in her stomach at the thought of going in to the ball her parents through to attract possible suitors. Agatha leaves y/n and pulls a emerald green gown out of the wardrobe.

Y/n lifts her arms above her head with a shaky breath as Agatha guides the dress over her head, careful not to mess the princess styled up do

"One more thing!" Agatha runs to the gold plated jewelry box on the vanity. She pulls out a gold tiara with Emeralds and diamonds the size of coins embellished. White and green, the color of y/n's country's flag. This is her mission. As princess of Edinburough, she must unite the allying countries to protect her people.

"Wait! Can I not wear the tiara? I feel more like myself this way," y/n asked.

Agatha stared at her for a moment contemplating. With a sigh she puts the tiara back in the box and shuts it.

"I know how badly you don't want to do this. But I am not your mother nor am I the queen. I must just cater to them. I'm so sorry my dear y/n. It's been an honor to see the woman you have grown to be." Agatha steps out and bows to the princess.

"Oh Agatha!" Y/n runs to the handmaid in an embrace as Agatha shooshes her sobs.

"Here." Agatha hands y/n a box wrapped in gold paper. "Your mother and I had it made on your sixteenth birthday for your suitors ball one day. It's tradition for it to be masquerade theme." Y/n carefully opened the paper to find a box with a green wax seal, marked with a feather. When she opens the box, she finds a jeweled mask with delicately placed feathers. It resembled an owl. "Your mother liked the design of this one. But I thought it suited someone like you. Beautiful and wise. Charming and keen. Wear it with pride my princess."

Y/n pulls the mask out the box and Agatha tied it around her eyes with a black ribbon. "Ok. I'm ready," y/n says as she strides towards the door.

Her heels click against the marble floors of the palace. It's so quiet but she can hear the faint sounds of people chatting and music being played. When she approached the door the ballroom she hesitated on the handle.

It's Our Duty || Bakugou X ReadeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara