● Act Twenty - six - One plus one equals three. ●

ATTENTION.

TW: None.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Three people in a room, two of them were supposed to be there

Three people in a room, two of them were supposed to be there. One of them is a complete stranger to the other two parties. He is very handsome but also looks like he could kill any of us without making more effort than to eat breakfast.

I feel somehow threatened but simultaneously want him to hold me tight while protecting me from all the bad the world has to offer. Oh shit, does my heart ever stop? Common, man, we have other business happening at the moment.

- Who are you?

Lost in my thoughts. Karl's speak snapped me back to reality.

- The owner of these quarters.

The boy beside me muttered in my direction: "what is he talking about"? I settled for shaking my head in disapproval.

He goes back to the bathroom, stay there for a while and then come back dressed in a black boxer. The man looks at us and takes a big breath. He seems tired of our presence even if we technically were there for less than five minutes.

- Well, if both of you would excuse me.

The broad man walked to the bed, grabbing a t-shirt that happened to be between us. As he landed close, I could feel his scent.

He smells like Body Axe Spray.

Typical.

I mean, were you expecting to be vanilla-chopped wood-manly-alpha-chocolate flavour or something? He is a man, for fuck sake. Keep your standards low.

Getting up, I made it clear that he was not where he was supposed to be. Your room is reckoned to be the most intimate space in your house. Privacy is the key.

- I don't know who you are or what you want, but this is my room, so you know, get out.

Where did all this confidence come from? As far as I recall being left on the ship during a mission while everyone doing something of importance means that I'm a pussy and worthless.

While dressing up, he started giving his version of the story.

- Look, a very responsible piece of jelly led me here. If you have any complaints, go talk to the manager. And believe me when I said that the client is not always right.

♤♢♧

Leading the final criminal to its dorm, Slime had a smile on his face. He was happy to have even more friends, hopeful that they would not all forget about him after serving his purpose like they did last time.

- It is a great honour to have such a noble person aboard!

Sapnap looked with squirted eyes to the greenish creature.

- Are you... Are you aware that I kill people for a living? I mean, no offence, but your species tend to be pretty pacific with anything that isn't a mushroom. Didn't y'all sign a decree stating that anyone who killed a mosquito would face nine years of rehabilitation?

Slime took his humanoid shape and turned only his head to the other man, the place where his fake eyes used to be, were now two deep empty holes. As he talked, his neck would grow taller and taller, face always aiming towards his colleague.

- When I was seven years old, my parents sent me out to catch mushrooms by myself. I deviated from the path and ended up meeting a friend who walked on two legs but did not talk back. It had two horns but no spirit. Being faceless, it had nine eyes. It took me back to my house by hand. Now I don't share the same terror of the unknown as you do. Because at the end of the day, worrying means you suffer twice. So I will not worry about you, and hopefully, I won't suffer afterwards.

The arsonist had fallen into the ground. The feeling of fear that had not habituated his body in a long time made him sweat in anxiety. Slime went back to his original form and continued to walk as if nothing had happened.

- When I talk too much, I get confused, but don't worry, a bath is a thing you for sure will take.

♤♢♧

-----------------------------------------------------------

I think I migth have burnout a bit so I migth go hiatus. I will do my best to return.