● Act Eight - Space-Time Baby! ●

ATTENTION

TW: None.

-----------------------------------------------------

I hear baffled voices and a very irritating sizzle echoing through my ears, opening my eyes I encounter a strong light aiming at me

I hear baffled voices and a very irritating sizzle echoing through my ears, opening my eyes I encounter a strong light aiming at me. Not knowing for how long I've been unconscious or where do I find myself to be.

Admittedly I do feel weak, but that shall not stop my obligation of knowing if this is heaven or not. Fully opening my eyes and scanning the room where I encounter myself, It becomes easy to recognise at least some aspects of the place.

A metal bed lays under me, it feels very cold, and well, metallic I suppose, my clothes are gone, replaced by a night-robe with a polka-dot stamp. Several stickers are now attached to my chest, with a direct connection to a large floaty screen that shows some weird numbers.

It appears that I am in some sort of medical facility, I take the stickers off and try standing up, my legs are shaking up but not completely useless. If I walk slowly I just might be able to find out what is going on.

Getting up and slowly making my way to the door I found myself in a corridor that leads to two other different aisles.

After a steady stroll, I stand in the intersection and spotted someone on the left corridor, they are what I can only assume to be an Elkyp from the planet Vinflow if my geography and biology classes didn't fail me.

Elkyps are a faun-look-alike breed, the only difference being their blue forehead fur. They also aren't exactly a rare species but people just generally don't quite know how to approach them due to their shyness. As a result, we end up not having that much information about Elkyps.

Almost every person that isn't an Elkyp scare them off and yet the one standing less than ten steps was looking directly. They did quick and complex gestures with their hand and then pointed at me.

- I don't know sign language that well, sorry.

They look at me apologetically, doing a sign for me to wait for them I did as told so. They came back typing something on a red tablet and then showing what was written to me.

"M y   n a m e   i s   C a l l a h a n.  Y o u   s h o u l d  s t a y   a t   t h e  i n f i r m a r y. Y o u   a r e   s a f e   f o r   I   w i s h   y o u   n o   h a r m"

That's comforting, but not the answer to all of my questions.

- Callahan, If you don't mind answering, where are we?

More typewriting was heard.

"W e   a r e   a t   a   s h i p"

Like in the sea?

"L i k e   i n   t h e   s p a c e"

Wait, what?

Callahan put his hand into a bright yellow panel on the wall and typed some commands. Suddenly a giant window appeared, revealing the image of thousands of stars in movement as if the ship was flying through a sea of the brightest white crystals.

- Wow, this is awesome.

The Elkyp smiled and appreciated the view with me for a few minutes until we were rudely interrupted by the shout of my name.

- Quackity! You're awake!

I look at the bifurcation and see my friend standing with a smile on his face.

- George! You're alive!

I did thought he could've had genuinely died for the entire time since my awakeness so seeing his annoying face smiling at me was comforting.

The brown-haired man came and gave me a tight hug.

Physically I wasn't able to retribute as much as wished but spiritually it is assured that I broke his ribs.

Right behind him Niki arrives and hugs me somehow even more strongly than the boy before she did. Tears streaming down her face and wetting the shoulder of my night-robe as she repeatedly says the same apologetic phrases.

- I am so sorry Quackity! So sorry! So deeply sorry!

I was silent, not knowing how to react. What was she sorry for? Maybe she wanted to protect me or something of the sort? I can't tell so I simply hugged her back.

When Niki let me go she tenderly placed her trembling hands on my face, each one cupping a side of my cheeks, gently caressing them. In a shaking voice, she susurrate, likely making me the only one who could hear her. Tears with no sign of stopping.

- Oh god, what have I done to your face?

- Hey, calm down Niki, what are you talking about? There's nothing wrong with my face. Apart from maybe being too attractive. - finishing my say with a chuckle.

I see George with a concerning face ask me.

- Quackity haven't you realised?

- Realise what? You guys are acting 'kinda' weird now. I am fine.

- Close your right eye. Only your right eye.

- That's a strange call but okay.

I complete the request.

Everything went black.

I let a short whisper.

- Oh.