He kissed her then, "Please don't beat yourself up over this. I don't want you to feel bad."

She smiled at him, "I feel the same way. Please don't beat yourself up. Let's forgive us both and take the consequences like the resilient people that we are."

A burst of joy went through them both when Jungkook said, "okay" and sealed the deal with a long sweet kiss. But Sun-Hee thought about how she certainly hadn't seen this pin coming to pop her lovely balloon of a life. She wondered what else she wasn't seeing coming. What more could possibly go wrong?

Sun-Hee heard the door open behind her and felt someone climb onto the bed. She felt arms go around her and a kiss on the back of her head. Sun-Hee knew exactly who this was by the hand that came around her and rubbed Jungkook's shoulders. Jin asked, "How are you two holding up?"

Jungkook answered, "Well, we have, very maturely, decided to take our punishment in stride." He kind of chuckled. "As if we have another choice."

Sun-Hee laughed, "Take it in stride? I thought we agreed we were going to throw a fit, kicking and screaming. Sneaking out together each night. Putting the whole group at risk, wasn't that the plan?"

Jin squeezed Sun-Hee tighter, "Yah! I think you are a bad influence! You should listen to Jungkook and be obedient!" They all laughed.

At that moment, Namjoon poked his head in, "Jungkook, can we talk for a minute?" 

Jungkook got right up and patted Jin on the shoulder. "Will you stay with her?" Jin nodded.

Jin turned his body to lay on his back and Sun-Hee did the same with her head resting on Jin's shoulder and his arm around her. She reached down and took his hand in hers and started playing with his rings. "You don't usually wear this many rings."

"I wear more rings for our concerts. Tell me what you are thinking, because I think I know." Jin fanned out his fingers so she could play with his rings more.

"I'm thinking that you are double jointed, look at the way your fingers bend. That is probably why you can do back bends too huh?" Sun-Hee traced the crooked line his fingers made when stretched out.

"I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about people in the media being on the hunt for what you look like and for your name. I know that worries you. Tell me." Jin brought his other hand over and rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb.

Sun-Hee sighed, "Yes, ever since Jungkook told me, I can't stop thinking they will find my picture and publish it. Then he will know where I am."

"Tell me about him, how did you meet, what is he like?" Jin had both hands in front of her now so she could play with his rings. She had started taking them off and trying them on her own fingers. To his relief, she started talking.

"I met Tobi at the beginning of my junior year at Stanford. It was his senior year. He is in one of the richest families in the US. Old money, think Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, Hearsts, his family is right in with them. We met at a fraternity party. I didn't usually go to frat parties but my friend really wanted to go and I didn't want her going alone. For some reason, I have no idea why, Tobi put his target on me and he flirted with me all night. When I left the party without sleeping with him, I think it became his personal mission to have me. I may have been one of the first girls that ever told him 'no' and I think that made him want me much more than he would have otherwise." She paused there for a moment. She had all his rings on her fingers now and was rearranging them.

Jin gave her a squeezy hug, "Keep going."

"Tobi sent his friends to harass me until I agreed to go on a date with him. They would show up in my classes and at work or wherever and beg me to date him. I just wanted it all to stop so I agreed to one date. But Tobi told everyone that I was his girlfriend. And we started hanging out more and more. He started pressuring me right away for more than I was ready for. And when I told him I was waiting for marriage to have sex, he proposed to me the next week. I told him 'no' but he told everyone that we were engaged. I look back and think how weak I was to just go along with it. It was easier to play along with him and not fight it. I'm sure he was counting on that. He couldn't even pronounce my name. Him and his friends and family called me Sunny." Sun-Hee stopped to think. How much should she tell Jin? Of all the group members, apart from Jungkook, Jin was the one that she trusted the most. He was one of the most caring of all the men. He also had a very close relationship with Jungkook, they were like real brothers.

Jin brought her hand up and kissed the back of it, "Tell me the rest, sweetheart."

Sun-Hee closed her eyes briefly, "Once he proposed, I started seeing more of who he really was. Tobi didn't like the way I talked. When I would say, 'What the heck?' or 'You're kidding!' he thought it was low-class. He started pinching me or poking me hard for each comment. I basically learned to talk very little around him. Which he didn't seem to mind at all. That's why I say he didn't really like me. The pinches and pokes turned into pushes and slaps and before I knew it, I was in an abusive relationship. I did all the things, covering bruises, telling people I fell. I didn't even like him and I went along with it because he threatened me with his power. He could ruin my family, ruin me, get me expelled from school, get me arrested. I had seen him use his power in small ways on other people and I had no doubt he could do that to me. I tried to wait until he lost interest but he never did. Then..." She had put all the rings back on Jin at this point, rearranged in a new order.

Jin took her hands in his and kissed the top of her head, "You are doing good. Then what?"

Sun-Hee made a big sigh, "Then one night in the spring Tobi decided he had waited long enough for sex and it was time for me to give it up. He got rough that night. I thought he might kill me so I called the police. Well, let's just summarize and say that my request for a restraining order was denied. Which is almost unheard of in a domestic violence situation where we weren't related to each other. Tobi must have had the judge on his father's payroll. At that point I knew I had to hide. I left school with several weeks left in the quarter and hid in a small town in Arizona. But he found me. Luckily one of my friends caught wind that Tobi was coming my way and warned me. I ran again. I changed my number. I met a therapist in the new town I lived in over the summer. She really helped me get the skills I needed to get my life in order, like self defense classes and coping skills. She helped me get into Seoul University and then I moved here. Tobi must have found my new number because he texted the day Hobi helped me move into my apartment. I don't think he knows where I am this time and he hasn't found my new-new number yet. So if pictures come out of me in the news or my name does I'm panicked that Tobi will come here and ruin my happiness." Tears had started slipping down her cheeks now.

Jin had done a really good job of controlling his voice so she didn't know how angry her story made him.  He really wanted to kill this guy and he knew all the other guys would want the same. "You know we would protect you, right?"

Sun-Hee smiled through her tears, "I know you would want to, that you would try. You really have no idea of how much power he has."

Jin refused to believe this was true. They were powerful also. "Does anyone else know this? Have you told Jungkook?"

Sun-Hee shook her head, "No, you are the first person I've told, apart from my therapist. My friend who warned me doesn't even know the half of it. She just knew that we fought and I wanted time away from him. I can't burden Jungkook with it. He feels guilty every time he can't protect me. Even though it was before he met me he would probably feel like he needed to do something about it and that would put him in danger. The only happy ending I can see is if Tobi never knows where I am. And now that the media are trying to find out my name and my picture, I'm frightened."

Jungkook came back in then. He was surprised to see Jin was still there and that Sun-Hee had been crying. He said to Jin, "We need to get ready now, breakfast for all of us in on its way up. We'll meet you in your room in about 15 minutes."

Jin started getting up but then turned and took Sun-Hee's face in his hands, he looked her in the eyes. "It will be fine, I promise, this will have a good ending." He wiped her tears with his thumbs and kissed her on the head then hopped up and left.

Jungkook came over to give her a hug, "Are you okay?"

Sun-Hee nodded, "Jin is a good listener."