Chapter 41

In addition to the BTS members and Sun-Hee, there were a few managers and bodyguards on the flight. Sun-Hee wondered who on the flight didn't know she was Jungkook's soulmate. Maybe some of the bodyguards? It must be someone, since she was told to sit next to Namjoon.

Everyone settled in for the flight, some people read, some were on their phone, most of the BTS members went to sleep. Sun-Hee could feel that Jungkook was behind her. The magnet in her chest had not gone away, she always felt drawn to him. She looked forward to soul bonding with him at the hotel tonight. Namjoon turned to Sun-Hee and said in English, "I'd love to see your poem."

Sun-Hee took out her notebook and explained the assignment, also speaking in English, "I'm supposed to write a poem where the theme is contrast. So I can write about contrast or I can use contrast in the form of the poem. I was thinking of writing about the difference between life in the United States and South Korea. I thought each stanza could highlight one difference. I also want the paragraphs to contrast, one using words that mean light and the next using words that mean dark etc... I also thought it would be cool if the paragraphs alternated between English and Korean. But, of course, I don't know Hangul so I have to use a translation app. I thought you could read what I have so far and give me suggestions and also check the ones I translated to Korean. Here are the English stanzas and here are the parts I translated."

Namjoon took her notebook, "Wow, you have a very ambitious take on the assignment. Let me read it, but you may want to simplify rather than have so many elements of contrast. I find that it is better to do something simple and do it well, than to try to do everything and take on too much."

Namjoon read though her poem and liked a lot of it. But he also had suggestions as to how she could improve and simplify it. They worked together on the poem for over an hour, but by the end they both were really happy with the result. When he handed her notebook back to her the cover came off in his hands. "Ugh, how did that even happen?!"

Sun-Hee smiled not mentioning anything about the God of Destruction. "It's fine, I can glue it. Thank you so much for your help Joonie, I certainly asked the right person. You are really good at poetry." Sun-Hee smiled up at him.

"I've had a lot of practice. Writing poems is similar to writing songs. I enjoy helping you." He leaned over and kissed her forehead. Their eyes got big at the same instance when they remembered where they were. "Whoops, sorry intern." Then whispered, "Hopefully no one saw."

They landed in Tokyo, they uneventfully got through the airport. As soon as Jungkook, Sun-Hee, and Namjoon were in the car, Jungkook grabbed Sun-Hee and pulled her onto his lap. "I can't believe you took out that sasaeng! I watched the video like ten time! You could be my bodyguard!" Jungkook rewarded her with a kiss for saving the day.

Sun-Hee laughed, "It was a reflex. I'm glad she didn't get to you though. I could see in the video that Dal would have gotten to her if I didn't." They held hands on their way to the hotel.

At the hotel, Sun-Hee and Jungkook discovered they had adjoining rooms, a special double door between their rooms that could be locked from both sides. Sun-Hee wanted to lay down and cuddle but Jungkook wanted to eat. He had seen some carts of food for them in the hall. 

They exited their separate rooms and walked down the hall to the food cart, trying to look like it was a coincidence they were in the hall at the same time. Sun-Hee took a container of food off the cart and Jungkook took two. Sun-Hee followed Jungkook farther down the hall where he put his room key in and entered a different room. It was Jin's room. Jungkook explained that all the group members had the same key so they could come and go from each other's rooms.

Inside the room, all the boys were eating their dinner around a coffee table. Jungkook and Sun-Hee joined them. They talked about their concert the next day. Namjoon said they needed to be up and ready to go by 9am to get to the venue in enough time for rehearsals then hair and make-up.