重圧 ∙ 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞

Start from the beginning

Dark eyes narrowed to the sofa where a detective should be sleeping on and found it empty. It was back in its place away from the entrance door and the urge of crossing filled her immediately, but she wouldn't be surprised if he left before locking. 

Jieun kicked the blankets to check it anyway. Her hand grabbed and twisted the knob and yes, very much locked. She rolled her eyes, scanning the small room for something it could be used to help her leave. It wasn't her lucky day. Even his phone was gone. 

Jieun accepted her fate and moved to the bathroom; no windows that could fit her there either. Despite the slight ache in her head, she managed to recall every little detail of what happened the previous night. The coincidence of meeting with Jungkook at that grocery store still tormented her. How did he found the place? It was nowhere near close to the bar they first met. Was he that good of a detective or she was finally losing her abilities to erase her tracks?

The towel fell from her face after drying it off and her eyes caught the pile of dirty clothes they left behind laying on the sink counter. She slowly reached for his dark shirt, unconsciously bringing it close to her nose. Just a small inhale was sufficient to feel the faded masculine cologne on it; the same one it impregnated on her body in that restaurant and probably the only one he had. 

It was a nice scent, she decided.

With a start, Jieun removed his shirt from her nose, putting it back where she found it when the front door was unlocked and open. She went out, eyeing quizzically at the bag in his hand and the instant smell of food. 

Jungkook turned, catching a glimpse of her standing. "You're awake."

"You brought breakfast," she answered with a hint of humor in her voice. "What a great hosting so far."

"It's for me, actually," he said, dropping the bag on the table. "If you behave, I might give you leftovers."

"Yeah, very funny."

The joke was obvious as he took out a container and handed it to her. Jieun's brows furrowed once she recognized what it had in inside and pushed it back to him. "I'm not eating that."

"What's wrong with it?" 

"It's mushroom soup."

"You don't like it?"

"I hate it."

"You also hate starving, don't you?" he asked. "They don't serve breakfast here. I had to find the closest place for something."

"I'll rather wait to eat whatever crappy food they serve in jail than to swallow one of these things."

Jungkook snorted, watching her walk to the sofa and sit down with arms folded. "Says the girl who told me she enjoys fried silkworm."

"It's the same as eating shrimp shells!" she snapped. "This is mold that grows on trees!"

"Give it up," he told her flatly. "You're not the best person to classify what's disgusting."

She huffed, foot bouncing. "What's up with all the jokes today? Did the little clown get lost from the circus?"

"I woke up in a good mood." Jungkook raised the container right under her nose and she snatched grumpily, placing it aside. 

"How is it gonna go?" she asked as he sat next to her with a bottle of energy drink. "The arrest, I mean. Are we going back to Seoul?"

"First you're going to tell me what you know, then I'll figure. You won't stay in here for your trial. Everything will happen exactly where it started."