"This is going to be a pick up, kind of like we did yesterday morning only I don't really know this place and haven't figured it out yet so it may take a little bit

"This is going to be a pick up, kind of like we did yesterday morning only I don't really know this place and haven't figured it out yet so it may take a little bit.  We're heading to Buckhead and traffic is freakin' murder there, way worse than yesterday.  This place might have security too, in fact it likely does but we'll see."

"Well so what if it has security, repossession is not stealing."

"No, but possession is still nine tenths of the law.  Besides there's no repo order on this one yet, not officially, so in a way we are stealing."

"Terrific."

"Relax, I'll do the heavy lifting."

Tuesday 4:42 PM 

It took a little over an hour to get to Buckhead and fight the street traffic to get to our target.  Joy had been remarkably quiet the whole trip.  I chanced looks at her here and there.  Her jaw was at times clenched and her lower lip sucked in.  I was trying my best not to have any feeling for this girl but she was so intriguing.  I wanted to see what was going on in that increasingly complicated head of hers.  And, as usual she caught me looking.

"No questions okay?  I'm thinking.  I will explain when we get there and I can check the place out."

"Ten four boss."

She shook her head and I thought I caught a slight eye-roll behind the sunglasses.  

We parked in a crowded grocery store parking lot.  I followed her to the corner where she pointed to a pair of buildings down the road a couple of blocks.  She explained that the entire parking lot was gated and to make matters worse the deck was run by a valet company.  We were going to have to walk to the building and get into the parking deck.  We walked through the large glass revolving door and through the marble lobby of the first building, past two different security guards and took the elevator to the third floor.

"What's up here?"

"She shrugged," there's got to be a way to the deck besides the first floor.  I saw what looked like a bridge to this floor.  

Sure enough she was right, there was a parking deck access bridge to that floor.  

"Okay," she pulled me close by my arm.  

"We're going to split up.  You take the upper and I'll take the lower.  We're looking for a plum red Maserati Grandsport convertible.  It looks like a giant fancy Miata.  It's going to have a crown on the grille or the trunk I think.  If you find it call me."

"Where are you going?"  

"Down.  I have a feeling the bitch parked it with a valet.  No way in hell they are going to put it too far so if my hunch is right it's close to the ground and hard to snag."

"Go," she said then shoved me off.

I started at a brisk pace into the cool parking deck.  I turned around to look, but Joy had disappeared.