0

All he ever wanted was peace...the fact that nothing went as he planned in life, was not a coincidence. Life was trying to give him a lesson, and it was doing it the hard way.

He's spent all his life thinking this was the only thing that was right. This was what he was told to do. Taught and raised to believe in a thousand century long lie. That being...Graduate, get a degree than a job with a good income, a small house with a white fence around and a nice lawn, get married have many kids, watch them grow old, teach them what you where taught and than the circle goes on and on till the end of times.

Today this circle had stopped...or more precisely, had been stopped by numerous things.

It all started last December, the nigh after his birthday on Christmas Eve. It was something he wished never happened. Something he wished to forget, but that night was carved into his brain in detail, and it haunted him...It was eating his soul alive.

So after what happened there, that night, he left, sold his old house, packed a few bags, and left, trying to forget, trying to get away from the past, the ghost that hunted him. The past he could never change again.

...

The blue eyed boy threw the keys on the top of his hotel desk. They stopped besides an open envelope from where a letter could be noticed folded neatly and a pair of house keys peaked out as if to remind him they where still there.

He stared at the letter. Wishing for it to burn under his glare. And when it didn't he sighted throwing himself down on the bed with his head between his hands.

This had to stop. He took the letter and threw it on the already packed suitcase on top of his bed. He had made a decision just than and there...Another town another start.

Maybe he had one more chance out there in the world, find a place where no one knew his name or remembered his face. A place where he could maybe grow old and live at peace, just as he always wished...

He passed a hand over his brown feathery hair, the summer sweat was dripping down from them down to his forehead, the morning run went too far today, he pushed himself too much, trying to get his mind to stop racing and his legs to do the running.

The reason to his disturbance was that he had read the envelope that day. Got reminded of  last December, got sad all over again, it hasn't been 6 months since than and he thought of tearing the envelope down...

The envelope looked at him from inside the case as if to tell him:

'No more running...You've been caught!'

But he was not...not yet! Not for as long as he was the only one to know what happened. And that secret went with him to the grave.

Not yet...

Not for as long as he's the only one who knows how HE died. The last to hear his last breath.

"Keep running..."-He whispered as he took the keys from inside the envelope and left again, this time...to a new chapter.

...