4

...

The way through town was mostly filled with Harry's voice explaining every single part of the town. Louis would listen and ask questions from time to time. It was fine to say that they both were having a great time. Without dogs and raccoons jumping out of nowhere. Although Mellow was there, walking in front of them curiosity watching every person that walked by.

Harry explained him how the town's main bridge was created, as they walked by. They stopped in the middle of it and Louis touched the blue railings gently, he leaned on his hands and looked down at the river running swiftly beneath them as it rushed to meet the sea. Harry didn't question the fact that Louis stood there a beat too long, looking at the bottom of the bridge, for a second Harry thought he'd jump in. Although there was nothing to be scared off, as the bridge was not high, and the water was deep enough for children to jump in on the days when it got warmer.

Mellow looked sadly at his owner and licked his hand bringing him back to reality. Louis apologised at Harry for keeping him back and they continued to walk off.

It was hard to think of a person like Louis, who had such a wonderful dog and loved him so much, as a killer. Maybe Harry should just ask him, there was nothing to be feared off...This could all be just a rumour that went to far.

Harry would throw jokes and bad puns from time to time, making Louis laugh and roll his eyes at the same time. Louis could barely keep up with his energetic spirit. It was too early in the morning for him, so instead he would just throw some sarcastic comments about what Harry was saying and watch him as he pouted at him.

Louis walked in peace, listening to him with much interest. He smiled from time to time when Harry would stutter his words or trip over rocks. Harry knew he was clumsy as if he was dealing with having grown a third leg and he knew he was probably making a fool out of himself in front of his very handsome neighbour.

They walked everywhere, the town parks where children had yet to wake up and infest them, the church, where Louis said he wouldn't be visiting much making Harry pick up sketchy vibes, but he hoped he said that because he was atheist...or gay, and not because he's a killer. Or he could be a gay killer...that would he hot. And dangerous of course.

Next Harry showed him the movie theatres, the bookshops, where he started rambling about his favourite books, buying Louis a copy of his own book when he saw Louis was showing interest on it...it was a fun story he wrote in college, about a group of friends going on a road trip to Europe and finding out about what they wanted to do with their future's after graduation. "Sane Lane"-was written on the blue and orange cover. It was a very summery story and he knew Louis would enjoy it. Than they walked to the tiny museum of the town, where old paintings and pictures of the town throughout the years hung on. Louis seemed to like it just as much as Harry as he was doing the guides job on explaining every single detail he knew about the place and it's history. He was being helpful to him, so Louis insisted on buying him a souvenir from the stand on the outside of the museum, a fridge magnet where the town's name was written in bold letters and flowers where carved around it. Harry had no other choice but to accept such pretty little gift in return.

After a long walk around the town they finally reached Beachwood cafe. Harry was the first to walk in, Mellow's yellow leash on his hand now.

Louis followed shortly after, holding Harry's book on the brown bookstore bag close to his chest.

Harry noticed the look on people's faces when Louis entered the cafe. The rumours had probably spread themselves by now. Harry knew he was helpless to change their minds, if they only gave him a chance to explain...

Louis sat down on one of the tables admiring the beautiful blue and yellow tiled floor of the coffee shop.

"I'll give the order, what are you having?"-Harry asked him before sitting down, placing the little gift on the table near his things.