01

In the absence of warmth , coldness overpowers, ruling the world winter owns the crown

In the absence of warmth , coldness overpowers, ruling the world winter owns the crown. It's destructive beauty is devastating yet fascinating. Borrowing heat from your soul and letting the thick air to devour , it has an aura that brings fear and excitement  in one's blood.

Beautiful it is but cold and harsh not every night of December is meant to be enchanting. It brings joy with dullness following them like a shadow.

Dark and aloof ,the last month is something mysterious . Something dangerous, something precious. We celebrate it like a life and  forgets it like a dream.

Eunhae always liked the feeling of winter ,the cold seeking calmness it's power to freeze you to the bones bewitches her. Draped in the blanket and being sheltered by coziness is heavenly satisfying.It allows her brain to shut and  drift into a sweet dreamland, a Dreamland that ceased to exist but at the same time made her feel content.

An escape indeed.

But now that seems to be a tough task,an escape was farther than her reach . Somehow she did feel her mind being locked but sleep wasn't in the queue . Not when she was shivering like a leaf in the streets, struggling but still walking. She couldn't take a rest when her mind was restless.

Her feets disappeared in the ground with each step and body lost all the warmth that she had collected . Cold air stung her cheeks like angry bees and nothing worked, close to zero neither the woollen sweater nor the thick coat did any justice, she swore this night was nothing but a torture.

Nobody was expecting this well, not her ,definitely not her.The day was bright because the sun was brighter. She wasn't to blame when nature was trying to play games. Being a good player was one of the qualities she lacked.

The great bell of the clock tower rang out ,  a giant sphere and it's tick that read 9 came into her vision .  It was pretty, standing tall on the ground , old and aesthetic. She wondered when it was built. Even though it was slightly rusted but still mesmerising a complete pleasure to the eyes.  These days people rarely appreciated such things , might be because of  their busy schedule or the reason could be their hollow interest.

Oh she's late ……

Securing herself a bit tighter she pushed herself forward ,eyes being glued on white furred surface she didn't notice what was coming  and then..........

Everything slowed down and the world came to a halt  ,the engine turned over , blazing lights flashed and an eerie  screech  disrupted the entire zone. With a thud her butt collided with the rough concrete.  Wind along with her heartbeat froze not even a yelp escaped  her lips. They were quivering from the shock one moment the road was there,still  and safe and the next there were whispering noises.

She blinked her eyes furiously while gaining her senses but the blinding lights were literally frustrating. A couple of numbers on something white that she could barely read was the only thing her eyes managed to see .She stayed there like a stone, her body stiff , still horrified by the sudden impact that would've brought her ticket to hell.