Chapter 8

Kerem's POV:
It's been a week since we broke up.
I tried to distract myself from thinking about it but I failed every time. I miss her so much. Her laugh, her smile, her positive perspective on life - I just miss her being around me.

My phone rang as I saw the caller ID - Dilara.
"Hey ginger, long time no see" she said
I laughed "hey to you too.. how are you?"
"I'm good actually I don't know if you remember but tomorrow is my birthday and I'm throwing a party in my house. So you better come or I'll never forgive you for not coming to my birthday"
Haha I laughed this girl is something else.
"You think I'll forget that easily? Of course I know it's your birthday.. actually I want to come but.."
She cut me off "there's no but just come"
"But I don't know if hande will be happy to see me.. you know" I said cause I didn't know how she would react.
"Don't worry about her she'll drink cold water and she'll be fine" she said.
She felt that I wasn't satisfied with her answer so she added "I talked to her don't worry she knows you're coming" .
"Ok then"
—————

The magazine found out about our break up I saw it all over the internet "ask yok" was the title in all these websites It really hurts me to see it.
As I was about to walk to the gym one of the paps caught me "kerem bey is it true that you two broke up? Did she leave the house?"
"Hey guys, it's true we did. Hande will always be a special person to me"
"Is there a chance that you'll be back together?"
"Everything is possible, have a nice day"

And then I drove to matchbox.

"Man how are you?" Baris asked me.
"There were better times but it'll be fine I guess" I replied.
"You know recently you were coming a lot together. I'm not used to it when you come alone, but I'm sure you'll find your way back to each other" he smiled at me. And I went to train a little.

I went to grab a glass of water as I heard voices came from outside, I looked out the window and saw hande with paps.
"Hande hanim we got kerem's comment to your break up we want to get yours too"
"Guys people break up sometimes it's a normal thing, I respect kerem and wish him the best" She replied.
"We asked kerem if there's a chance that you too will be back and he said everything is possible can we get your comment too?"
"I really have to go have a nice day" she said and entered matchbox.

I guess she didn't know I'm here by her reaction as she looked at me once she came in.
"Are you ok?" I asked her.
"Ah? Yeah yeah I'm fine" she was shocked to find me here I can tell.
"I'm almost finished so don't worry" I simply said.
"Don't say that it's your gym too , I'm not a little girl it's all good" she said to me.

"Hey baris how are you?" She asked him.
"Ohh hande long time no see, where have you been?"
"Hmm yeah recently I didn't have time but I guess I need something to distract my mind a little " and I knew exactly what she's talking about.
"Perfect go inside I'll come in a minute to train you" he said and left.

"Dilara called me and invited me to her birthday" I said nervous
"I know, she talked to me about it. There's no reason why she won't do it. You're her friend too. And we're mature people. We can be in the same room"
"Yeah of course, but I wasn't sure how you'll react to it"
"Well I'm fine" she simply said.

"So how have you been?"
"A break up is not an easy thing but like you see I came to distract my mind off things"
"Are you happy?" I simply asked.
"Kerem..."
"I still care about you, don't blame me for asking"
"Thanks for your concern but I'll be fine"
"Ok.. I think I should go now"

"Baris I'm going man thanks for everything" I waved him and walked towards the door.
———

I went home and received a call from my mom:
"My son how are you?" She asked me.
"Hey mom I guess you heard and that's why you called?"
"Do I need to find out from the magazine?"
"You right, but I really didn't want to talk about it"
"How are you? I missed you"
"I missed you too, I'll be fine don't worry"
"'May I ask what happened? You two seemed so in love.."
"We're still in love but I guess there are certain things beyond love" my voice broke a little.
"Ohh my poor baby I hope you'll solve it fast"
"I hope too, say hi to everyone in my name I missed them"
"I will. stay safe son, love you"
"I love you too mom"
I really need to rest now.