7~•*. N E E D Y O U

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

IT HAS BEEN TWO DAYS SINCE IVY CONFESSED HER LOVE TO JAMES. And it has been a living hell for her staying under the same roof as that married man. The whole day she spent crying in her room desperately wanting him to forget it, or any miracle to happen. She feared if James had told Lily about it.

     She felt disgusted and infuriated with herself. Falling in love with James Potter was the last thing she thought. She surely loved the marauders and from the books but she never planned on meeting all of them one day and falling in love with one of them, and that too James Potter.

     She wouldnt have minded falling for Sirius or Remus, or even Peter, but her brainless heart had to fall for the man who already has a wife and an upcoming child. She just wanted to leave the place that instant, it was beyond any embarrassment. 

    "Ivy, whats wrong? come out please" This was the tenth time since yesterday Lily came and asked Ivy to come out of her room. And this proved that James hadn't told Lily about Ivy's confession or Lily would have herself kicked her out of their lives.

    "Just a few minutes Lily, I'll be there" Ivy called weakly. She knew she had a fever because of all the crying she did for two constant nights.

   She heard Lily' steps fading away and sighed laying on her bed staring the ceiling aimlessly. She did not realise it was soon evening and she fell asleep with an empty stomach. 

    "She has high fever" Ivy heard Lily' voice and a hand pressed on her forehead. Opening her eyes eyes groggily she saw Lily sitting on the edge of her bed and James standing behind her.

     "Stay away from me Lily, its not good for you and Harry" Ivy said smiling weakly at the kind woman.

    "Aw, but I cant leave you here like that" Lily cooed.

    "I am alright, you need to take care of yourself better" Ivy said, Lily nodded standing up going to her husband, whose eyes Ivy was ignoring the whole time.

    "James take care of her for me?" Lily asked softly placing a hand on her husband's shoulder, who nodded looking in her eyes. Lily smiled glancing at Ivy for the last time before leaving.

    "I just have a normal cold, I'll be fine, you can go" Ivy said not meeting his eyes. He ignored her words going to the attached bathroom bringing a bowl of water and towels. They did not have any potions prepared in their house so he had to treat her in the muggle way. 

    "You dont have to—" Ivy said in a small voice as he sat down on the bed beside her.

    "Shh, dont talk" He whispered placing a finger on her lips causing her breath to hitch. He realised what he was doing an removed his finger instantly dipping the towel in the bowl of water.

    He kept dabbing her forhead for almost an hour in comfortable silence. She didnt want to talk, she had her eyes closed the whole time feeling his presence close and that was more than enough for her.

     She opened her eyes when she felt him get up from his spot. She gave him a questioning look to which he responded by leaving the room. She breathed out a shaky sigh, shutting her eyes, this was the first time she saw James for a while in the whole two days and it almost made her cry.

     She hated the way she had been crying the whole time on not being able to find the solution to the little problem of her heart. She could feel the tears forming in her shut eyes, and throat going dry. She hated that she was in love with James Potter.

    She winced when she heard her door open again and saw James coming in with another bowl in his hands. He looked up at her and passed her a small smile before sitting back at his place beside her.

    "Whats this?" Ivy asked weakly.

    "Soup, get up" James said softly supporting her up to sit.

    "I dont—" Ivy said with a little frown but James interrupted her.

    "Have it" He urged softly and added "For me"

     Her stomach dropped, she looked down not meeting his soft eyes, guilt once again invading within her. She spoke up in a small voice "I am sorry for that day James—"

    "No need to be" He interrupted again she looked up to see him smiling softly at her "You should never apologise for what you feel, thats not something you can control"

    Her mouth parted as his words filled her ears, her heart fluttered even more. He slowly raised the spoon of soup to her mouth and said "Thats what Lily said to me when she finally agreed to go on a date with me"

    Ivy slurped the soup sharply not meeting his eyes. One moment his words made her heart flutter and other moment wrench. He fed her the soup until it was finished and wiped the corners of her mouth with his thumbs and offered her a little smile which she failed to return.

    James slowly stood up but her holding his hand caused him to halt and look at her questioningly. Please stay. She spoke in her mind as her voice didnt support her and stared in his eyes hoping he would read them. She knew soon she will leave this place and go back to her timeline.

    And before that she wanted to spend some last moments with the man standing in front of her. The man she was in love with. She saw James smile down at her softly and kept the bowl on the nightstand.

    He layed down slowly down beside her turning to face her. She could not believe anything. She did not even realise that her lips have been quivering the whole time threatening to let out a sob until he placed a warm hand on her cheek and whispered "Shh, now sleep, I'll be here when you wake up"

     She scrunched shut her eyes because they were stinging with tears, blooming under his touch on her. She dared to shift forward and slowly wrap her arms around his chest. She drifted to sleep after feeling two warm lips pressed on her forhead. Her heart feared to wake up and not find him beside her.

   She did not expect him to listen to her, and sleep here with her, but he was doing it, she couldnt decide if she wanted this or not, she wanted to stay in his warmth while also she wanted to push him to go back to Lily, where he belong. She sniffed not being able to think, 

   Meanwhile James stared down at the girl sleeping in his arms and wondered why did he took so much care of the girl and a strange thought in his mind caused his breathing to stop.

    He had fallen for Ivy too.

✩✩✩

Please vote and comment! 🤍