5~•*. P E T E R P E T T R I G R E W

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

"WELCOME PETER!" Lily greeted someone on the door and Ivy wanted to throw up.

      Past few days have been really difficult for Ivy, she was finding it really difficult to live in the same house as James Potter. She freaking kissed him! And yes she regrets that. Everytime Ivy looks in Lily's smiling kind eyes, her heart fills up with guilt. Lily was far too kind to deserve this.

    James too had been a little awkward and weird lately especially around Ivy. Though he barely comes around Ivy, which causes her heart to shatter into a million pieces but that behavior from James is totally acceptable. Ivy felt bad for the man knowing how much guilt trodden he himself would have been for kissing Ivy back.

    Ivy hated to admit that she bloody enjoyed kissing James, it gave her the most blissful feeling she had ever had in her nineteen year old life, but not to forget that she extremely regrets kissing him. But today that was not the main concern.

    Peter Pettrigrew was being welcomed in the Potter cottage, hugging his friends. Meanwhile Ivy stood in background feeling her blood boil just at the sight of the mousy man. Peter's eyes turned to the unknown person in the room and he asked "Who is she?"

    Before anyone could say anything Ivy answered for herself "I am Ivy Greyson, Lily' cousin, nice to meet you"

    Everyone except Peter gave Ivy questioning confused looks and she merely nodded at them secretly. Peter asked again "I am Peter Pettrigrew, nice to meet you too, are you a muggle?"

    Ivy nodded with a fake smile because there was no point in lying about this. Soon everyone settled down talking to Peter, his friends asking him about where he had been the whole time. Peter reasoned for himself meanwhile Ivy was busy glaring holes in his head.

    "If he caught you glaring at him like that, he will surely die of an heart attack" Remus whispered leaning in Evelyn's ear.

    "Come I need to tell you something" Ivy said to Remus standing up gaining everyone's attention.

    "Where are you going?" Sirius asked raising an eyebrow.

    "Personal business Black" Ivy said sassily. She pulled Remus by hand not noticing a certain bespectacled wizard was curiously staring after them at their clasped hands.

    "So you mean to say that Peter will betray James and Lily in future and I should just go and kill him now?" Remus asked with a perplexed expression. Ivy nodded simply.

    "We will- We will talk about it, after Peter leaves" Remus said sighing heavily pulling Ivy with him in holding her hand, causing James to again stare at their interwined hands and wonder if something's going on between them. 

     "Bye everyone, take care Lily" Peter smiled hugging everyone and smiling at Lily who smiled back warmly.

    "Bye Ivy, it was– er nice to meet you" Peter said with a hesitant smile, slightly intimidated by the girl as he caught her glaring at him many time throughout the whole day.

    "Bye Peter" Ivy said shortly stopping the man from hugging her. Once he left Remus gathered everyone in the living room and told everyone what Ivy told him.

    "I cant believe it, thats Peter you're talking about, he gets scared of bloody butterflies for crying out loud!" Sirius exclaimed dramatically.

    "I think we should, consider once what she is saying, because if you guys haven't noticed, Peter never accompanies us any more for Moony's full moon" James said causing a small surprised smile to form on Ivy's lips.

    "I think she is saying right, she also knows our whole future, right?" Lily said agreeing with Ivy and James snuggling in her husband's side as he wrapped his arms around her sitting beside her.

    Ivy was quick to avert her eyes from the couple, trying to ignore the little heart break she had everytime seeing Lily and James interact. It ached to see Lily there where Ivy wished to be, although she had no rights or grudges towards the woman.

    James noticed Ivy's uneasiness and somewhat knew the reason, and didnt know he suddenly detached himself from Lily. Lily was too moody to even notice due to her pregnancy hormones. But Ivy did and felt a wierd sensation within her.

    "Okay so lets start paying attention to what Peter does and where he goes and if I find that what Ivy says is true then I will stomp on that rat myself" Sirius said hotly and left.

    "Hm come James, I am tired" Lily said standing up with James' help, she was almost eight months pregnant, and was most of the times on the peaks of her emotions.

    "I'll come love, need to check an owl" James smiled as his wife and she brought him in a kiss. Watching them Ivy didnt realise she was digging her nails so badly in her palms that it almost bled.

    "Stop Ivy" Remus whispered holding Ivy's hands causing her gaze to soften and realise what she was doing.

    "Come soon" Lily said pulling away from James and left meanwhile James went to his study.

    "Episkey" Remus said with his wand pointed at Ivy's scratched palms causing the nail digs to heal themselves. Evelyn looked down hiding her watery eyes.

    "I love him" She said in a small voice.

    "I know" Remus gave her a weak smile pulling her chin up.

     She sniffed as a heavy tear rolled down her cheek, Remus breathed out a chuckle wiping it and pulling her in a comforting hug.

   "I cant help it" She mumbled in his chest.

    "Its alright" Remus said caressing her head, not noticing they were being watched from a distance but not heard thankfully.

    "I know I shouldnt, but I cant stop myself, I love him" Ivy sobbed in his chest.

   "Come lets make a hot chocolate for you" Remus said pulling her to kitchen still hugging her.

   James Potter layed down beside his sleeping wife an uneasy feeling arising within him when he saw Ivy and Remus hugging. He could not forget the taste of Ivy's lips from days ago and because of that he felt wrong.

    Surely what Ivy did was mistake but what he did knowing that he loved Lily was even more dreadful. He shouldnt have kissed Ivy back. In a way he had failed Lily.

    James' had been living with a heavy heart since days everytime seeing the two girls because what he did to his wife was absolutely wrong, he had been telling himself to tell the truth to Lily even if his wife hexes him for that. He didnt want to lie to her, and keeping this blunderous secret within him was killing him internally.

    But sometimes he couldnt help but find himself dozing off anytime thinking about the new member in their house recently. Ivy, in a way, had become the light of the house, she does everything for Lily, and is the sweetest girl James had ever come across beside Lily ofcourse.

     He refrained his mind to stop thinking about the girl and think about only his wife and upcoming child, his heart should only be reserved to these two, no other, but he finds Ivy too in a little corner of his heart, who made her place there in a short while that he didnt even realise.

    He shook his head vigorously, not wanting to think about the brown haired girl anymore, not at all. He turned to his wife sleeping soundly beside him and a smile tugging on his lips, he smiled watching her light freckles shining in the moonlight and muttered to himself.

    "I love you Lily-Flower, I always will"

✩✩✩

Vote and comment! 🤍