6~•*. C O N F E S S I O N

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

"YOU SHOULD HAVE MORE FRUITS" Ivy smiled to Lily Potter handing her a bowl of fruits she herself cut for her according to the diet chart she made for Lily.

    "Thankyou Ivy" Lily smiled.

    "If you need anything else tell me, I'll be reading in my room" Ivy said before going to her room and picking up the book Lily suggested her  Hogwarts a History.

    With pure amazement Ivy skimmed through every page, meanwhile James Potter arrived in the living room seeing his wife enjoying fruits. "Hello to my beautiful wife!"

    Lily grinned cheekily and tossed a small parchement to James as he sat beside her. He frowned holding the envelop and asked "Whats this?"

    "Its Ivy's picture, she wore my birthday gown from last year, she said it was beautiful and I insisted her to wear it, doesnt she look beautiful in it?" Lily asked plopping a piece of chopped apple in her mouth.

    James stared down at the picture of Ivy in twirling in the red dress happily. A smile playing on his lips staring at the picture lovingly. He couldnt help but admire the girl in the picture, everything about her made him happy. 

    "I am going to sleep, keep that picture somewhere carefully" Lily said standing up going to her room with the bowl in her hand. James stuffed the picture in his wallet.

☆☆☆

    A few days passed and Lily was nearing her due, just a couple of weeks left. Meanwhile Remus and Sirius were busy finding Peter's whereabouts and it comes out that he had been spotted a lot in the knockturn alley with dark wizards. His friends now knew he had surely gotten into the wrong side and will be a threat to them one day.

    Ivy had been staying at Potter cottage with a heart growing heavier everyday seeing how much James loved Lily and took care for her. Though she had no right to feel such way, but her stupid heart wont listen.

    Meanwhile living with the new girl since a month, James too had been feeling weird around Ivy, whenever he meets eyes with her, or by mistake touched her, or hears her melodic laugh, his heart flutters.

    And he knew this was wrong. But again he couldnt help it. He got the same feelings he got when he initially used to get for Lily. How he would spend his whole day just thinking about her noticing her every expression, moves and just everything about her.

    The same thing he was feeling again, except this time for Ivy.

     He didnt want to admit but he was feeling attracted to Ivy Greyson.

    No! Lily's the only one! My Lily Flower, no other girl should occupy my mind! I will get Ivy go back to her timeline.

    "Yes, Ivy needs to go back!" He said to himself dismissively.

    Moving along the corridors of his house James halted on hearing a soft humming of song coming from Ivy's room. His heart fluttered again. He shook his head telling to himself that he needs to talk to the girl.

    Knocking on her door softly he was instantly greeted by Ivy opening the door with a bright smile which instantly faded seeing who stood there. The man she loved.

     "Hi James, do you need anything?" Ivy asked putting up a friendly smile.

    "Yes, I need a word with you" James said and stepped in. He didnt know what he was going to say but knew he needed to.

     "What did you want to talk about?" Ivy asked coming behind him.

     "You need to leave Vee!" James said abruptly facing her. She felt a little ache in the heart.

     "I mean I am not being rude, just that we all know one day you'll leave, you'll go to your timeline and won't return ever" James didnt know why or what he was speaking.

     "Are you facing any problem because of me living here? I am sorry, I'll go somewhere else —" Ivy said sounding stupid to herself.

     "No! I didnt mean it like that!" James exclaimed abruptly again he sighed before continuing "I just wanted to tell that soon the time turner will arrive and we'll send you back"

     Silence fell between them which was hurting both of the. Ivy hated that she will have to leave and go to that awful world again. A world where James wouldnt be there. Stop thinking like a hopeless romantic Ivy!

    "Thankyou for everything James" Ivy smiled looking up, but James' face didnt show any sign of happiness "Thankyou for giving me shelter, helping me, making me a small part of your family for a short while, I will never forget you" 

     James breathed out heavily and ran towards the girl bringing her in his chest, the next thing he knew she was sobbing against him. His breathing stopped and heart wrenched. Did his words hurt her?

    "Vee, love what happened?" His words caused her stomach to drop.

     I dont want to go away from you. She wanted to say it but voice was caught in her throat only tears making their way out of her eyes dampening his shirt.

     "Vee, tell me, I am sorry if my words hurt you—" James asked softly trying to pull her away and face her but she had no plans of letting go of him.

    "Dont. Just let me hug you for a little longer, please" She whispered while sobbing, his heart pounded loudly and she could feel it. His one arm was around her waist and other was caressing her hair. 

    "Talk to me Vee" James whispered caressing her hair.

    "I dont want to go back James" She sobbed in his chest "I know I sound so unreasonable, stupid and childish but I really dont want to go away from here James, I dont want to go away from you"

    "Why?" He croaked.

    "Because I love you!" She cried and both of them froze on what she just said.

    She jerked away from him staring in his wide eyes her heart had stopped beating. Why did she say that to him!? He has a pregnant wife for god's sake! She felt so disgusted with herself that she could no longer meet his eyes.  

    And the next thing she knew that he stormed out of her room closing the door with a band after him causing her to flinch. She fell to her knees crying her eyes out.

    What did she just do!?

_______________________________________

Q. How do you think James feels after Ivy's confession?