4~•*. M I S T A K E

"WHEN WILL THEY RETURN GOSH! ITS ALREADY SIX!" Lily Potter paced in her living room worriedly. Today morning the full moon ended where James and Sirius as usual went to accompany Remus, and havent returned yet.

     "Lily, I swear if you dont sit down now, I will– I will tell James to never sing your favourite song for you, and you know he'll listen to me" Ivy threatened for the sixty third time and this time Lily widened her eyes at her in disbelief.

    "Just go and sleep, its barely six, if they come I'll tell myself, trust me" Ivy said slightly pushing Lily to her room.

    "You promise?" Lily asked slightly worried.

    "I do, now go, you've barely gotten any sleep whole night" Ivy said and finally Lily was in her room and in just less than five minutes light snores were coming from her room.

    Ivy sighed lying down on the couch. She jerked up as there was a knock on the door, she practically ran towards it opening it in a swift movement, if any of them could have been with them, they would have surely yelled at her for opening the door without knowing who was on the other side.

    But right now she was greeted by the weak figure of James Potter falling upon her letting out grunts and hisses in pain. "Why did you open without asking who it was outside?"

    "I knew it was you– sorry" Ivy mumbled worriedly supporting James up with all her strength as he gave her the look. She quickly locked the door behind her and led him to lay on the couch.

    "Lil—" Ivy almost yelled calling for the pregnant woman but was interrupted.

    "Shh, dont disturb her, let her sleep" James hissed. Ivy nodded hastily crouching down on floor above him.

    "But I should probably call her, I dont even know how to do magic or heal you and what about Remus and Sirius, where are they? Are they fine?—" Ivy ranted like a parrot.

    "Save me merlin" James exclaimed not too loudly. "Sirius and Remus have gone to Sirius' house, they're fine, and dont call Lily, just look there under the dresser there must be that muggle aid box, Lily kept it there, now I know muggle things are useful too" James said with great difficulty in pain.

    Ivy ran to bring out the box from the dresser and turning around she saw James sitting there shirtless and his upper body filled with bruises. Ivy gasped, not because of the bruises, but because of seeing him shirtless for the first time. She tried to ignore the stupid animals rumbling in her stomach on the sight.

    Being a medical student, she was used to of seeing blood, cuts, bruises and almost every horrible thing. James looked up at her and spoke up "I know I am hot, but thats not the time to admire me, come quick do the dressing, will you?"

    Ivy rushed towards him trying to control the color rising on her face and crouched in front of his again taking out the medicines and ointment and looked up at him whispering "I am sorry if it hurts"

      James nodded telling her to go on, but hissed really loudly as soon as she attached the medicine dipped cotton to his bruise on chest. He bit his lip trying to control his grunts and hisses. Ignoring her wrenching and simultaneously fluttering heart Ivy was determined to continue her task.

    As James realised he could no longer control his yelps he raised his wand and casted a silencing spell around them. Ivy pressed another dipped cotten and James let out a loud yelp grabbing her hand on his chest. Ivy's mouth parted looking up at his face as she saw tears sprunging out from the corner of his eyes.

    "I am sorry James" Ivy whispered shakily. Seeing him in pain like this was shattering her heart. James layed down on the couch breathing heavily.

    "Padfoot thinks its fun to chase a werewolf" James grumpled shutting his eyes. As one of her hands was in James' grip, Ivy raised her other free hand to remove James' glasses and wiped his little tear drops which were coming out from the corners of his eyes. James opened his eyes to see the girl in front of him almost on the verge of breakdown.

    "Hey Vee, its alright, you're doing great, just complete it" James forced a smile to her, she nodded sniffing quickly doing his dressing, trying her best to ignore his painful yelps. Once she was done she looked up back at him again to find him smiling at her.

    "I am sorry, magic would have worked better" She said in a small voice and he let out a chuckle, raising his one hand in pain to hold her chin.

    "Its alright love" He smiled and her heart was doing somersaults. She didnt realise how long she had been staring in his beautiful hazel eyes and started leaning towards his face, his hand still holding her chin.

    The next thing she knew her lips were on James', despite the astonishment both had their eyes closed. It came more of surprise to both of them when a moment later James started kissing back. The feeling of his warm lips against hers was indescribable. 

    Her mind was not working at all now, all she could feel was the warmth of James' lips, and meltdown in it. She had had a hundred kisses but none of them ever felt this magical. It indeed was magical. She felt songs and violins being played in her chest by the organ whose job was to pump blood.

    And to James feeling her soft rose petal color lips was something unimaginable. Wait how did he know what color they are? Not giving himself any answers he was just felt himself trapped by her lips, the only he thing he knew about at that moment.  

     Ivy herself was the first one to pull away slowly detaching their lips slightly breathless. She didnt dare opening her eyes, her mind was practically not working, but soon she had to open her eyes as James whispered "Vee.."

    Opening her moist eyes and staring right into his caused her heart to flutter, his hazel blue eyes held something else within them, which she couldnt read. Both were not blinking staring in one another's eyes trying to comprehend what just happened.

    A sound of doorknob twitching caused both of them to come out of their trance and Ivy to jerk away from the man wide eyed. Lily came out of their room "Is James here?"

    Ivy was too frozen to say anything and James was too shocked to say anything too, Lily herself came forward and gasped loudly on the sight of her husband rushing towards him to hug him. Meanwhile James didnt once break the eye contact with Ivy who held watery eyes for unknown reason.

    "I was worried for you" Lily breathed out worriedly pulling away.

    "I am fine, love" James smiled at his wife and glanced back at Ivy, who could not hold it any longer as she ran to her room quickly closing the door behind her clamping a hand on her mouth. What did she just do? Why?

    Heavy pools of tears finally were finding their way out of her eyes, she whimpered cursing herself frusterated on why would she kiss James Potter? Why just why!? But the more shocking question was why would James kiss her back? He could have simply pushed her away.

    But he didnt.

    Swallowing a heavy lump in throat Ivy realised something which caused her breath to hitch.

    I am in love with James Potter.

   Shit.
______________________________________

Whats say guys?!?

Its a short book, and I need to pack everything in these ten chapters, so pls dont get confused if I go too fast.. 😁❤️