"They're probably just concerned we're going to fuck in this booth."

"Ah, guess I'll have to save that fantasy for another time."

"Seriously," I giggle, "a booth?"

"I don't know, I think the fantasy is more you than anything else."

I grin against him, and he must've felt it as he leans down and kisses my cheek. "Hey, we're going to be okay, alright?" He assumes me again.

"I had a restraining order against him," I say softly, slowly lifting my head up so I can face him. "And he broke into the house, held us at gunpoint... there's no reason why you should have to pay for that."

It was the only option, it doesn't matter if JJ was one of the reasons why he was there because it was bound to happen anyways. Can I say we had done nothing wrong? Maybe I can, however fucked that may be. Maybe that's why it's somehow reassuring to know he doesn't regret his actions.

"Yea well, let's not worry about that now."

"Okay," I whisper, meeting his lips with mine. When I go to pull away I feel his hand come up to my chin, holding my face a few inches from his. Our foreheads touch, but just as he's about to kiss me again a voice startles us.

"Hey, lovebirds."

I jump so that I bang my face into his, letting out a small yelp of surprise before spinning around to face Kie and Pope. "Ouch! You scared me," I exclaim, my hand coming up to press against my nose. "That fucking hurt."

"Yea, Jesus," JJ exclaims from behind me. "Nearly broke my fucking forehead."

"You can't... you know you can't break your forehead, right," Pope asks. "JJ, for my own sanity, please tell me you knew that you couldn't just break your forehead."

"Well, it feels broken," JJ fires back, and I mutter a rushed apology that has him grin. "Don't worry about it," he assures me, "I'll survive."

"Anyways," Pope sighs, "we came to get the leftovers, Kie's parents said it was okay that we eat here."

I grin, "well Kike's, we must be growing on them."

"Ha," Kie scoffs, "we'll see about that. Think you can help me in the kitchen?"

I nod, sliding out of the booth to join her, greeting her parents as we pass them.

"My dad hates the microwave," Kie tells me as she fits as much food as she can into it, "but you have to admit, it's a lifesaver."

"Alright Kiara, I get it. I'm an old cynic."

I turn to see her dad in the doorway, his arms crossed as he leans against the way. "How are you doing Lexi?"

"I'm doing fine," I say, "and yourself?"

Her dad shrugs. "What about your parents, how are they?"

"Erm, they're living their lives," I laugh lightly, turning to see Kie gesture for her dad to cut it out. "It's chill," I tell her when she mutters a silent apology.

"Ah, forgive me for being curious, I was just hoping to settle an ongoing argument I've been having with my daughter and I don't know many parents who'd let their kids hang out this late on a school night. I just wanted to know what they thought of your friends."

"Pope and JJ don't have their parents breathing down their neck," Kie pipes in.

"I was referring to the parents who have the luxury to raise their kids with rules."

"We aren't close," I quickly say before Kie can respond to THAT comment and start a fight. "My parents and I, I mean. So they don't really have an opinion, and the only time they do is when they want a reason to be disappointed with me."