☾Chapter 4☽

A bump in the road woke me up, making me start, but I soon calmed down. I rubbed my eyes groggily, looking over at Celeste, who was sitting beside me and reading a book.

"Are we there yet?" I asked her. I turned around to look out of the window, and I was stunned for words.

It was early in the morning, so a low fog hung over the earth. However, above the fog, I could make out the outline of several mountains. A river was running beside the road, and I could've sworn I saw a pair of piercing yellow eyes peering at the bus from underneath the mist. I narrowed my eyes to get a better look, but we'd passed it, so I was only able to see the river and trees.

"Almost. We just passed a few houses. I think Mr. Scott wants to take us somewhere near Yellowstone river," she told me, not looking up from her book. "I think there should be a place to stay somewhere near there. My guess is that we'll be there by noon."

My eyes widened. "So... about six more hours?"

Celeste nodded. She finally put her book down, trying to get comfortable in her seat. "Maybe you should go back to sleep. Ralph and a few others are still following the bus."

I nodded, yawning. Ralph and a few other seniors had brought their own vehicles so each group could go around Yellowstone. Of course, some of us would be sleeping on the bus or in a tent.

A few hours later, we were finally in a small town near Yellowstone Lake. I was glad to be able to stand up and stretch.

Ralph and Jake helped me, Celeste, and Lillian to get our stuff out of the bus while Dean and Xander looked for a place nearby to pitch a few tents. They came back a few minutes later telling us about a clearing nearby.

Over the next thirty minutes, we were pitching tents and setting up a place to build a fire. It was easy to gather rocks and sticks but, to me, it would've been a lot easier if Dean was somewhere else. I could practically feel his eyes watching me.

Finally, we made sure our food and drinks were secure on the bus so no wildlife would get to it.

"I think we should go to one of my parents' cabins for our trip," Celeste said suddenly, fixing her bag in the tent she, Lillian, and I would be sharing. "It's got enough room and a basement so you guys don't have to worry about securing the things you catch.

Lillian turned to her in surprise. "You think they'd let us?"

"I mean, yeah. Dad goes hunting sometimes, too. He loves having a place to go."

I chuckled. Of course, Celeste didn't want to sleep on the ground. However, I couldn't help but agree with her. Having a place to stay and store our game would be helpful. "That's a good idea, actually. I wouldn't mind being able to stay in a cabin this time."

We decided not to prank the boys that night. It's not that we were being nice or anything, but it was funny to let them suffer in fear. They were constantly checking over their shoulders, debating on who should check their tent, checking their sleeping bags, and smelling their food before eating. Hell, I even saw Ralph buy a new bottle of shampoo when we got to stop by a store, just in case we put some dye in the one he'd brought with him.

On the second day, we pranked them.

When they woke up that morning, they saw fake tattoos and didn't know what to think. Seconds later, they nearly beat down our tent until we explained to them that the 'tattoos' were fake.

What was so bad about the tattoos?

Well... they were flowers and birds and all sorts of 'girly' designs. All in all, the guys did not like them. Yet, not matter how hard they scrubbed at the tattoos, they still took the rest of the day to come off. Jay and the rest of their buddies got a kick out of it.