Confessions

Damian's POV

Marinette walked over to the bed and sat down over to the far end. I could tell that she really didn't need this to add to the pressure she already has on her chest.

I walked over, bent down on one knee, and looked up at her. The bangs that covered her forehead now covered her face. I saw balls of light in different colors floating around with Plagg.

The other Kwamis.... I sighed and gently took Mari's hand in mine and she finally responded she looked at me with tears in her eyes. My mouth hesitant to open and speak...but...it just wouldn't open. But I knew I had to do something.

Damian: Mari, I'm sorry about my mom and all of this. I swear I didn't want to bring you into this mess. But there's one thing I must thank her for and that's bringing you back to me. Look Mari, I don't know what drove you to leave like that earlier at the Manor today, but I really do hope you reconsider. My brothers, my father, Alfred and Nooroo were scared and worried sick about you. Heck...I was going nuts! I don't know what it is about you, your hair that shines under the moon, your eyes that sparkle whenever you smile....or those tiny freckles that decorate your cheeks *rests his hand on her cheek, cupping it*. But what I do know, is that, you're this amazingly incredible girl that makes my day a thousand times better whenever you're around. And I think I know what that feeling is....I love you, Marinette, I really do.
~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette's POV

So...I was just married to the guy I ran away from. Now we're just stuck at the League of Assassins' headquarters until we're rescued. And I'm just sitting on the bed sulking.

I told the Kwamis to search for a way to get out, and maybe even have a look around to find Plagg. His energy was near so I thought he wouldn't be far.

I saw a shadow show up beneath me, kneeling and a hand gently rested on mine. Dami....
~~~~~
Damian: Mari, I'm sorry about my mom and all of this. I swear I didn't want to bring into this mess. But there's one thing I must thank her for and that's bringing you back to me.
~~~~~
He's happy about all this? I thought he'd be furious with me....
~~~~~
Damian: My brother, my father, Alfred and Nooroo were scared and worried sick about you. Heck...I was going nuts!
~~~~~
He was? After I treated them so badly? How could they want me back.
~~~~~
Damian: I don't know what it is about you; your hair that shines under the moon, your eyes that sparkle whenever you smile....or those tiny freckles that decorate your cheeks *rests his hand on her cheek, cupping it*. But what I do know, is that, you're this amazing, incredible girl that makes my day a thousand times better whenever you're around. And I think I know what that feeling is....I love you, Marinette, I really do.
~~~~~
He...loves...me.... I felt puzzle pieces of a broken box being fixed back together in my heart. The love I once sought was now there. I wanted it so badly...for a really long time now.

I've been treated like a waste since Lila showed up and that's when my life didn't really make any sense. And it officially crumbled after my parents died. But somehow...Master Fu..and Dami took me in.

I looked into his eyes and he looked scared yet...sincere. There was something about him...and his household that gave me a warmth....and it seems I can feel it here too.

I'm beginning to think that it wasn't the house...but him. The way his hand cupped my face....made me want him. Made me want to be with him, stay by his side...forever. And without thinking....I did the unthinkable.
~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette leaned forward, arms wrapped around the boy's neck and her lips made contact with his. She kissed him. Damian stood frozen for a while...but soon gave in.