13 // Sex

{if we're gonna do anything, we might as well just fuck}

Matty rolled down the windows of his van as we drove along, letting the cool night air fly between us and mess up the hair on both of our heads. I stuck my hand out and played with the wind, finally feeling truly free. Running away with Matty was probably a terrible decision, but I didn't care anymore. I loved the high I got from just being around him. And if I could do anything about it, it wasn't about to go away anytime soon. I wasn't letting go of Matty if I could help it.

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked, but honestly I didn't care. I was up for anything as long as I was with him.

"I was thinking we'd head back to our old haunts," Matty replied, keeping his eyes on me and off the road for far too long for my comfort.

I couldn't help but laugh at him. "What exactly are our 'old haunts?'"

"The city. Like usual."

Like usual, he said, as if running off was something we did on a daily basis. I thought back to the ride we took last time, remembering just how long it was. I wasn't quite sure I was up for being in the car with Matty this long. I sighed loudly. "How much longer until we get there?"

Matty laughed in response. "What," he said, accusing and flirty, "can you not wait any longer?" In the glare from the passing streetlights, I could see his cocky smirk, the one that I usually hated. But sitting in his passenger's seat, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't turning me on.

"Actually," I murmured, "it would be nice to, well, get to where we're going sooner." I prayed the message got across. Because if Matty wasn't piloting a moving vehicle, I would jump on him right then and there.

"Well we're about twenty minutes away from the hotel now."

I sighed, exasperated. Could he really not take a hint? After kissing him at Cecily's house, did he really expect I just wanted to drive around with him? No, there was so much more I wanted from him. I wanted everything. And anyway, what else could we be doing? I mean, talking would be productive, but sex would be fun.

"Matty," I said, getting his attention and taking a chance. After a deep breath, I continued. No doubt he was waiting for me to deliver some bad news, to say that I regretted this and he should take me back home. But that was the exact opposite of what came out of my mouth. "Don't waste our whole night driving around. If we're gonna do anything, we might as well just fuck."

He didn't take his eyes off the road, but I saw his knuckles tighten around the steering wheel. "I-I can pull over if you want," he stammered. "There's a shopping center up here that usually has an empty lot."

I laughed at the spontaneity of it all. "Sure, whatever you'd like." Matty swerved into the turning lane. I rolled my eyes. "A little eager, are we?" I asked through more laughter.

"Hey," he said in response, "it's not my fault that you sprung something like that on me! Two hours ago I figured I'd never have a chance to even kiss you again and now you're suggesting we pull over and fuck. You can't blame me."

I shrugged, staring out the window as Matty's van slowed to a stop in a parking spot. "In my defense, I only suggested we fuck later tonight, not right now in your van."

"It's spacious in the back, don't worry."

And with that, Matty unbuckled his seatbelt and crawled over the center console and into the back. "Come on back," he laughed mischievously.

I did the same, kicking off my shoes as I made my way to kneel beside Matty on the carpeted folded-down backseat of his van. I giggled in surprise that it was actually happening: I was actually about to bang Matty Healy like a firework.