Lucky Him

Some disclaimers: Use of explicit language and adult content for the entirety of the story🔞 Also English isn's my native language so excuse any mistakes and misconstructions. 

Humor and sarcasm might be used a lot but the subject of the story might be triggering for some. So a trigger warning on details about murder is needed.

Also, writing this story is only for fun and to fullfil my need to write my thoughts. I'm not a police officer, a detective, a doctor or a murderer.

Enjoy.

Eda woke up by the sound of the door opening and a cart's wheels on the floor.

"Oh good morning miss. I need to examine officer Bolat here, do you mind stepping out for a moment?"

She recognized the nurse from last night so she knew that she is safe. She looked up to see Serkan sleeping. She had fallen asleep by him, holding his hand, without even realizing how.

"Yes, of course."

She got up and stepped outside the room. She took out her phone and she had a missed message by Omer.

"We found the car but..."

There was a photo attached to the text. It was the car, almost burned, the lisence plates barely showing.

"FUCK!" Eda cursed trying to contain herself to not hit anything in the hospital.

The room door opened after a few minutes and the nurse came out.

"How is he?"

"The doctor said he is stable but we still have to wait at least 24 hours to be sure. He will be sleeping for some hours because of the medicines."

"Okay, thank you so much."

The nurse left and Eda called Ferit.

"Hey, Ferit. Are you still outside?"

"Yes. What do you need?"

"Serkan will be sleeping for some time. I'm gonna head home, take a shower and bring him clean stuff. You need to be here."

"Of course I'm coming in."

Ferit showed up in less than a minute.

"Listen to me. The nurse captain Celal specifically asked for Serkan just came out, she is trusted. No one gets in without you checking them up okay?"

"Of course, don't worry."

"Thanks Ferit."

...

Eda unlocked her house door and got in. The first thing she saw was a bag of trash by the door. It was what's left of their breakfast yesterday morning.

Yesterday she thought.

It felt like ages ago when she rushed in her car, after that phonecall, not giving a fuck about the trash bag.

She took off her shoes and headed to the shower. She turned on the hot water and she got undressed. She got in the shower and let the hot water run down her head, her face, her whole body. She knew Serkan was going to be okay but she felt so afraid. And angry. Oh her anger...

She finished her shower and wrapped her towel around her. She was heading to her bedroom when her doorbell rang.

"Who is it?" she shouted.

"Uhmm hello, delivery for mister...SerkanBolat?!"

She went to the door and looked through the eyehole. It was a guy holding a huge flowerpot. She opened the door.