White lights

Disclaimer: Use of explicit language and adult content for the entirety of the story🔞 Also English isn's my native language so excuse any mistakes and misconstructions. Last but not least, humor and sarcasm might be used a lot but the subject of the story might be triggering for some. So a trigger warning on details about murder is needed.

Enjoy.

Eda woke up by the smell of coffee and fresh bread. She reached to the other side of the bed to find the spot empty. She looked at the clock which said 10:37 and she remembered that the captain told her to stay home and rest. She looked around the room and Serkan's clothes weren't there. She heard noises coming from the kitchen so she figured that he is still there. She got up and wore a robe. Reaching the kitchen she found Serkan sitting on the kitchen table. He had his back turned to her and he looked like he was reading something.

"Good morning" Eda said awkwardly. The truth is, she didn't know how to act.

Serkan turned to face her and gave her the biggest smile.

"Good morning. Come, sit. I took the initiative and visited Melo's coffee store. I brought coffee and breakfast. I hope you are okay with that. Also, she was really worried, I explained everything to calm her down".

Serkan had prepared everything on the table. There was coffee for both of them, cupcakes, fresh bread, marmalade and butter.

"Thank you. This is very thoughtful. I never got the chance to thank you last night. You basically saved me", Eda responded and took her place at the table, sitting across him.

"I told you I got your back no matter what. You don't have to thank me", he replied.

Eda noticed some files in front of him.

"What's this?" she asked.

"Oh it's nothing, don't worry about it. You should rest today", Serkan said and started picking up the files, trying to put them away.

"Serkan, I'm fine. Nothing happened. You don't have to treat me like I'm sick. Tell me."

Serkan was skeptical for a moment but he brought back the files on the table.

"I was reading the case again. Trying to find a connection with the victims but there is not much. Other than the way of killing, nothing matches. Different backgrounds, different education" Serkan said.

"Yeah I noticed the same too. They are the same age, they were drugged and killed the same way but nothing more than that. Not even the appearances, two blondes, one redhead. It seems like they are random picks" Eda added.

They were trying to connect dots for some time, maybe they have the same origins or they were relatives of some kind, but nothing.

"But we know neither of them died at the place that their bodies were found right? I think we need to focus on finding where they were killed or where they were drugged" Eda thought.

"Yes, you are right. This could provide us any kind of DNA sample. I'm gonna go talk to captain Celal" Serkan said and made a move to stand up.

"Okay, tell him I'll be at work later."

"Eda, he said you should rest."

"Serkan I'm fine. I want to work, it will help".

"Alright, I'm going and we'll be waiting for you in the afternoon then."

"Yes. See you soon?" Eda said and pouted her mouth playfully for him to kiss her.

"Yes, girl, yes" Serkan said, smiled and leaned in to give her a warm peck, before he closes the door behind him to head to the station.