Leo felt like he just got punched in the face himself. He didn't know what to do.
It would be weird if he ran up to him and gathered him in his arms and hugged him...

"Those are the other new guys." Casey whispered.
"They live with him..."

Nobody said anything for a while. Then Aaron started the car and Leo buckled back up.
"He said he lived in a grouphome ... like a foster family or something. I guess they don't get along." Robbie mumbled.
"They hit him." His voice was barely anything.

He would have to get him out of there as soon as possible!
His wolf almost ready to grab him and take him home to get him away from those guys. But he couldn't just kidnap his mate, no matter how badly he wanted to.
He would have to have a talk with his parents about this.

"Don't worry bro, we will keep an eye on him in school." Robbie promised when they got home and Casey and him went up to his room.
Leo nodded and walked to his dads office.
Because this pack was the town they didn't have an official pack house. But the house of the rossi family was big enough. They hosted the town meetings and specials occasions in the living room or the backyard. Which was large enough to hold a crowd of fifty at the very least.

He knocked once and let himself in. His dad sat behind his desk glaring at his new laptop. He looked up when he noticed his oldest son and picked his reading glasses of his face and put them to the side.

"What happened?" He told his parents about findings his mate this morning they were of course very happy for him. And had come up with a couple of ideas to get closer to the new kid.
One of their plans was to invite the new people to dinner. But Leandro wasn't sure about that plan anymore.

Aaron closed the door and pushed one of the seats to the side for Leo to take a seat on and planted himself on the other.
"We saw his mate again. His name is Rohan Novik." Aaron told his father while Leo tried to collect his thoughts and ignore his wolfs complex emotions.

"The people he lives with..." Aaron frowned and looked at his friend.
"I don't trust them. I don't trust them with the safety of my mate." Leo brought out.
His father frowned in a way he always did that made the wrinkles on his face a little more prominent. And he looked at his son waiting for him to explain his reasons.

Leo told his father what they saw and the things his younger brother had told him. His father called Robbie and Casey in to ask them some more questions about what they knew about him. His mother joined them also and squeezed his shoulder comforting.

Leandro was glad he had his family and most of the pack at his side to help him with this. He wasn't sure if he couldn't have done this alone.

"So Seth, Seth malcom I presume, saw him flinch from the sound of the school bel? He did not bring food and seemed very thirsty. He hasn't spoken much to anyone in your class and if anyone tried he either didn't answer or told them to..."
"Fuck off." Aaron added.

"Thank you mister Ryker."
Aaron nodded with a smile like the Alpha just gave him a compliment instead of a disapproving look.

"He is also wearing a hoodie... in the summer!" Robbie added.
"And those guys? His foster brother I think. They just hit him and tried to trip him. What if they do that in the house he lives in to. What if the people there are even worse...." Leo fessed up his fears.
His father started to chew on his inner cheek and hummed thoughtfully.

"We don't have any prove for that... we can't just assume abuse without any evidence. But I do think we should keep a good eye on the boy and the other new members of our community. Seeing that he does choose to converse with the two of you I think it for the best you try and become friends. So that he will have you two to fall back on if he truly is being abused."

Just thinking of his mate being in a house with people that may possibly abuse him, made his wolf squirm with worry and rage.
"I also think we should invite this new family to dinner, so the two of you can formally meet, soon." His father concluded.
The kids nodded and Leo sighed.
"I really hope we are wrong about this..."

He and Aaron went up to his room. Aaron tried to get him to play some game on his Nintendo while Robbie was having a one-sided conversation about what gaming installation was better and why. Leandro was pretty sure it took them hours and Aaron zoned out most of it and he didn't have a clue what was said.
Robbie left to game in his room with Casey after that.

They were trying to help him get his mind of of things. But it wasn't working.
Maybe he should go for a run later. That would help.

A little late this week. Wasn't sure if I would even post it. I'll make it up next week.
Almost 6k on the first book of this series and about 30 views on this one already! Thank you! Please vote, comment and follow! 😘