Chapter Three: "The Injured Hornet and the Downed Pandora"

[Please be wary for any fan-service scenes that might be written in this story, so please be aware of them. And if you are bothered by the fanservice, please ignore this chapter, and the chapters that might contain them, but if you think you're ready, be prepared.] - MatthiasWrites

Where we last left off, Azur Lane is attacked by the Sakura Empire by surprise, and Pearl Harbor is now in need of repairs after the assault that was led by Akagi, Kaga, and Monowai. Several odd Ship-people that were seen wearing the exact type of cloak that PT-72 used to wear, were found amidst the chaos, and they too are revealed as Ship-boys, which solidified the proof that Ship-boys were now prominent thanks to the abnormality in the Mental Cube.

As the damages were beginning to be mended, a voice is heard, regarding about the available information that the Mental Cube has already shown.

?: "We, are weapons, shaped like humans."

A scene change reveals the appearance of the Mental Cube. A crystal-like cube that has a sort of energy residing in it's core. The voice explaining about the cube, and it's origins.

?: "The Mental Cube. An unknown crystal substance brought to humanity through the battle against the Sirens."

Bubbles were seen floating upwards as it reveals a Ship-girl in the water, they were about to awaken as the voice explains a bit more about the Mental Cube.

?: "The Mental Cubes are the basis on which, we are created, imbued with the power to fight the Sirens. That power, is the power of ships."

The scene then changes back into the one where the Ship-girls were seen amidst the flaming seas. Various faces of the Ship-girls were spotted in the scene cuts, before it turns back into the blue sea as it goes above it's surface, and then to the flag of the very alliance of humanity, known as Azur Lane.

?: "The power to conquer the seas, and defeat the Sirens. It is with this power that humanity reclaimed the seas."

The voice then describes the split from before, and it's possible reason, the pursuing of even more power. Along with showing the emblems of the four major camps, before grouping them into two sides with the various Ship-girls of each faction, and including the known Ship-boys in their respective camp.

?: "But, in pursue in even more power, humanity was split in two."

It then shows the newly formed split Alliance from the Azur Lane group that recently formed from the declaration of war, during the assault on Pearl Harbor.

?: "The Crimson Axis, an alliance formed by the Sakura Empire, and Ironblood factions, desires to take in the power of the Sirens. They raised a rebellion against the Azur Lane Alliance."

And we're back to the surface of the sea, with the voice talking about how humanity is supposed to have a common enemy, yet still fights among each other that is similar to children.

?: "Even when facing a common threat, like the Sirens, conflicts between human factions continues."

"Yes. War never changes, regardless of era."

[Timeskip brought to you by the author's frustration over idea making for the story, and WiFi dis-connection]

Several lifeboats that were being piloted by the Manjuus are seen. Manjuus are chicken-like creatures that act like the crew for both Azur Lane, and the rebelling Alliance that formed against them, the Crimson Axis.