Chapter 60 (Reward, punishment or promotion)

Chapter 59 (Reward, punishment or promotion)

There was a moment of silence and each one is in their own thoughts, the emperor then laughs out loud which surprises everyone and then makes an angry face

Everyone is holding their breath in the moment until the emperor burst out the following words

"I wasn't invited to have such fun...."

"This could be a family adventure...."

The emperor smiles at them, who are now like being electrocuted by the lightning with none of them giving the emperor a word or any actions, but they are just spellbound or maybe dumbfounded that now, that there seems to have no reaction at all. Their eyes are staring straight at the emperor at an unbelievable manner and their mouth are all open, even the tough could be seen, making the emperor slightly aggrieved and then he told them.

"Hey, I am not too old to have fun you know" the emperor tries to shake them all back to normal.

Zhan Xian is the first one to respond and he looks at his own father with wide bug eyes

"Father, y-you want..like adventure..." those incoherent words flowing out from Zhan Xian.

Then the emperor laughs like a mad man and lean with a cheeky look

"Where do you think I find your mother, such a beautiful and wonderful woman, in the court room" the emperor sneers, remembering the empress whose father is now the Prime Minister Zhou, a sly fox who put pressure to get his daughter to be the empress even though at that time, Wei Zong is only eighteen years old. The empress is already a few years older than him. He was stupid and naïve and thus ended up in a marriage of power. He tries not to have any of his children ended up like this. Thus, even the marriage of Wangyi and Zhan Xian caused a stab in his heart, the emperor wouldn't like history to repeat itself but he really thank God that Wangyi is brought up in Cheng Tribes and even if not so, he knew his old buddy the General Lan well and his children will have strict and good upbringing.

Concubine Ching is so shy that she gives the emperor an elbow on his hand. Then the rest of the family all laughs in crazy mode.

Zhan Ang pouts and nods his head fervently

"Yes! Yes! Family outing, time for me to go and have some fun" Zhan Ang told everyone with his beaming smile

The emperor is silent and he told the hand of Zhan Ang and explain like a kind father

"This is actually a very dangerous mission your brother is doing, it takes a lot of gut, intuition and understanding of the needs of people to achieve what he had today" the emperor eyes is full of praise for Zhan Xian.

"I also feel that you should start having some experience from your brother. So, from today onward, you follow your brother and learn from him" the emperor seems to be like giving an order and Zhan Ang jumps up in joy and he went over to hug his father like a baby.

"Thank you, thank you, father is the best" Zhan Xian is so happy that he forgets his form, he is a human and not a monkey but the way he jumps onto his father, like a monkey with all his hands and legs hugging his father.

Suddenly, the emperor turns serious

"Mmmm...... I w-wonder if I made a silly decision" the emperor looks at Zhan Ang with a pair of serious eyes.

Everyone holds their silent giggling and Zhan Ang immediately jumps down and then tries his best to straighten every wrinkles on his clothes.

"Right decision, never been so right in your life, other than marrying mother and have two brilliant sons" Zhan Ang begins his praise like a crazy person due to his joy.