i'm a mess

" would you love me, when I tell you that I'm only a mess? ".

-

The next day, I woke up with a huge headache. I was in my bed, tucked under the blankets.

An orange drink on the bedside, as my best friend enters with painkillers in hand.

"Take this". She monotones without any such expression.

As she was about to leave, I pulled on her wrist to stop her, she blinked and made eye contact with me. I can sense that she wasn't sleeping, and so. I heaved a sigh; "What happened last night?".

"You were out, drinking all night. A guy by the name MG brought you here". She simply says, and I purse my lips. "Did anything happen?".

"What?". She raised her brow.

"Between you and him?". Hope gulped hard. "No Josie.. I don't think anything happened between you two".

"He was very friendly". She pulled her hand away.

"Sit". I demanded and motioned for the spot next to me in bed.

"What do you want Josie?". Her tone remains very sharp, but I understand why she's being this way. She has every right.

"What do I want?". I asked, and she nodded, her eyes avoided looking at me.

"I want you".

"What?". My words caught her off guard, but I simply pulled her hand on mine. "Hope, I want you".

"You w-what?". She managed to choke out.

"I want you".

"I want to be with you".