taunting past

" the past always comes back whenever you try to resist the memories ".

-

I've spent my day talking to Hope, we even watched a movie and ate popcorn, while laughing at the nonsense that was shown on the big screen.

I smiled for the first time, and moved my head to the side, to stare at the girl who was already staring at me.

The smile never left her, but the happiness I felt with her in that moment.. that reminded me of someone else.

*Flashback on*

"What are you looking at?". Penelope asks out of nowhere, the eye contact was intense, that she had to breathe in slowly to stare at my eyes.

"My girlfriend". I grinned at her.

Penelope rolled her eyes and took my popcorn. "Hey! That's mine". I protested but she only looked at me, a playful smile on her face.

"What is yours. Is Mine".

Her words made my breath hitch, but my grin turned into a smirk real quick.

"Why don't we put this aside?". I slowly, straddled her waist as she looked at me with lust.

The same thing that clouded my thoughts. My hands ran up and down her sides, my lips attacked her neck as she moaned my name; "J-Josie".

"Stop".

"Josie stop!".

Penelope never told me to stop..

*Flashback Off*

My eyes widened as I realised that it's my best friend.. Not Penelope.

The sobs that came out of her eyes, made me pull away as she started to cry.

"H-Hope?".

"I-I'm sorry".

I moved from the top of her and placed my hand on my mouth in shock. "I-I'm so sorry..".

But, wasn't the past so taunting..